Squaretrade device insurance

Odell

Anybody ever use Squaretrade for your phone insurance? I'm thinking of buying a plan for my new EvoLTE. The price is fair and it covers liquid damage. I just want to see if anyone has any experience with them.

I have no experience with any of these companies. But I've been wondering the same thing. The TEP coverage is definately going to be dropped. Just trying to decide if I want to add one of these third party coverages.

Between Squaretrade and Ensquared. I'm leaning toward Ensquared. (if I opt for any coverage.) The coverage seems better and I think if I have to file a claim(s), the process is likely to be frustrating no matter which company I have. Have you looked at Enquared? If so, is there a reason that you are looking at Squaretrade over Ensquared?

I've never heard of Ensquared. I will check them out. Thanks!

**EDIT**

I'm also seeing the Asurion Total Equipment Protection. I have heard good things about Asurion and their rapid replacement. Anyone on here have experience with Asurion.

I don't think I would go with Ensquared simply due to the police report required if your phone is lost. Getting a police report is a pain. The whole Ensquared claims process seems very cumbersome. Also the say that they can replace your phone with one of "like kind or quality" Like quality is a very broad window. That's a little too vague for me.

I'm also seeing the Asurion Total Equipment Protection. I have heard good things about Asurion and their rapid replacement. Anyone on here have experience with Asurion.

Isn't that just who Sprint uses to provide their coverage? I didn't think you could by from them without going through your provider. Not sure though.

I don't think I would go with Ensquared simply due to the police report required if your phone is lost. Getting a police report is a pain. The whole Ensquared claims process seems very cumbersome. Also the say that they can replace your phone with one of "like kind or quality" Like quality is a very broad window. That's a little too vague for me.

Yeah, I don't like the replacement part either. But the $750 max for Squaretrade is a problem too. No police report needed for Squaretrade since they don't cover lost/stolen anyway.

I know I should just skip the insurance and take my chances but... after dropping my old phone so many times, I finally hit it just right the last time on the edge of the car, spent the last few weeks waiting for my EVO LTE with my screen held together with packing tape. It only takes one drop if it hits just right. :unsure:

I just took the plunge and purchased a Squaretrade warranty. I've heard enough good stuff about them that I figure it's a relatively safe choice. The $750 max will more than cover a new Evo at full off-contract price if I need a new one. The $99 deductible is acceptable. The total cost (warranty plus expected deductible) is $170, which is more than what I paid for the phone but way less than what it will cost to replace it.

Hopefully it works out and I never need it.

• Like 1