Sprint Tech Support

mirskyc

Past 2 days I haven't had a 3G signal. I have an iphone 4s and it keeps showing the small circle for 1x. A few hours ago I decided to call sprint. Knowing what they would have me do I decided to run thru it all before I called. This inclueded powering off and on the phone and updateding the PRL with ##update#. Once connected to a person I let them know that I had done all of that but they had me do it again. Keep in mind this is happening to all 3 phones on the account so there is no way its a phone problem and is obviously the network. Finally she had me reset the network setting and then update the PRL again. this time it failed and keeps on failing. She then decide to make a network ticket and since mondays a holiday I won't hear back for a few days. But since the call I have gone other places and can not connect to the internet because celluar data is not activated since she had me update the PRL and it still keeps failing.

I am located in Oceanside NY 11572, is anyone else having issues around there? My tower is either on of theses NY07XC706 or NY27XC333.

Past 2 days I haven't had a 3G signal. I have an iphone 4s and it keeps showing the small circle for 1x. A few hours ago I decided to call sprint. Knowing what they would have me do I decided to run thru it all before I called. This inclueded powering off and on the phone and updateding the PRL with ##update#. Once connected to a person I let them know that I had done all of that but they had me do it again. Keep in mind this is happening to all 3 phones on the account so there is no way its a phone problem and is obviously the network. Finally she had me reset the network setting and then update the PRL again. this time it failed and keeps on failing. She then decide to make a network ticket and since mondays a holiday I won't hear back for a few days. But since the call I have gone other places and can not connect to the internet because celluar data is not activated since she had me update the PRL and it still keeps failing.

I am located in Oceanside NY 11572' date=' is anyone else having issues around there? My tower is either on of theses NY07XC706 or NY27XC333.[/quote']

Have you tried resetting the network settings? (settings/ general/ reset/ reset network settings) Was told by a Sprint tech that this should be done right before updating the PRL.

Have you tried resetting the network settings? (settings/ general/ reset/ reset network settings) Was told by a Sprint tech that this should be done right before updating the PRL.

Yeah thats when the problems got worse. Now I can't even update the PRL. And even though it say I have 3G or 1X if I try to use Safari it says "Could not activate celluar data network. You are not subscribed to a cellualr data service" I keep reseting the network setting but no difference.

Yeah thats when the problems got worse. Now I can't even update the PRL. And even though it say I have 3G or 1X if I try to use Safari it says "Could not activate celluar data network. You are not subscribed to a cellualr data service" I keep reseting the network setting but no difference.

How about transferring your purchases to iTunes and backup+restore?

OP, Have you travelled away from this area where you are experiencing the lack of 3g? Its not impossible that the two sites you mention have problems, but travelling elsewhere would answer the phone vs network question. If you go elsewhere and the issues replicate, it could be an account provisioning problem.. its been years since ive heard of this, but something on sprints end use to occasionally go awry and cause issues similar to this

OP, Have you travelled away from this area where you are experiencing the lack of 3g? Its not impossible that the two sites you mention have problems, but travelling elsewhere would answer the phone vs network question. If you go elsewhere and the issues replicate, it could be an account provisioning problem.. its been years since ive heard of this, but something on sprints end use to occasionally go awry and cause issues similar to this

Yeah I have and both sites I listed are bad. I haven't been able to do any thing data related. Where I normally have 4 or 5 bars I know have 1 - 2. And at times it switching to Extended 1x. They called me back monday and said they should be fixed by Tuesday 3pm. I think I might drive to the tower to see if it something they had to physically fix and talk to the techs.

• 2 weeks later...

3G ended up coming back after a few days with even strong signal then i had ever had. Reaching .8-1.3mbps during peak hours and up to 2.42mbps at late hours of the night. But Tuesday night I noticed 3G not working again. I checked the Field Test Screen on my iphone and under 1xEV-DO it wasn't even idle like it would be normally but all fields blank. Called sprint and they obviously had me reset the PRL know it would fail I still played along. After failing the tech check the towers and realized there was a ticket on it and that they network tech had blocked EV-DO from connecting. So for all those people complaining about 4G being blocked I have 3G being blocked now lol. oh and she told me the back on air date was june 8th at 12:36 CMT. What a random time for field techs to put lol