Sprint will launch 10 LTE markets by mid-year

You will know all the details that I can release soon enough.

How are you using S4GRU? The like feature works on the mobile site and Forum Runner. But it doesn't work on Tapatalk.

I am directly using the site with a desktop and an HP Touchpad which both utilize full browsers. I can like anyone but your posts S4GRU

I am directly using the site with a desktop and an HP Touchpad which both utilize full browsers. I can like anyone but your posts S4GRU

Evidently, liking Administrator posts is prohibited by IP Board by default.

I really wish Sprint would release information on expansion here in Chicago because of poor data speed and no relief in sight I'm about to jump ship to Verizon with its double data promotion. I would pay 5 bucks more but at least I could use my data. Sprint has until the end of the Verizon promo to get some info out there or I will gladly pay the 50 ETF and jump ship.

I really wish Sprint would release information on expansion here in Chicago because of poor data speed and no relief in sight I'm about to jump ship to Verizon with its double data promotion. I would pay 5 bucks more but at least I could use my data. Sprint has until the end of the Verizon promo to get some info out there or I will gladly pay the 50 ETF and jump ship.

Who needs sprint when the info is right here bud? lol

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-43-samsung-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-details-for-sprints-chicago-market/

• Like 1

Interesting. I have always thought it was funny that I learned things about Sprint on other sites before they officially told me.

Thats right! I always seem to get my info from the different sites before Sprints releases it. If your on the inside already and have to depend on this method, what does that say?

• Like 1

Still not good enough info for me. I would like to know pricing, speeds, available phones. Im not convinced Sprint will deliver the product they say. Not going to stay and play waiting game when I already know 4g is in my area from other carriers.

Still not good enough info for me. I would like to know pricing, speeds, available phones. Im not convinced Sprint will deliver the product they say. Not going to stay and play waiting game when I already know 4g is in my area from other carriers.

then you end up paying more $ which is your choice....AND have to deal with data caps or throttling...

Phones are not a question they are coming as are speeds. Pricing is only thing that "might" change but I honestly cant see it changing at all since we already pay the $10 data charge anyway. Will be tough to say that LTE deserves another fee ontop of the changes that came with WiMax introduced long ago...

I think I said this in another thread, but Ericsson will likely have more cities than the other NV partners in the first round. They have been managing Sprint's network for a few years now and know the ins and out of their customer very well now. They also were a big part of the planning of NV early on. So my guess is Ericsson will have double the cities in the first round.

However, by the second half of the year, I bet Samsung and A/L get up to speed really quickly and meet Ericsson deployment speeds. In a lot of ways, this going to be a competition. It was a very good move to have three firms handling deployment. Breaking it into 4, would have been even better. But I don't think Sprint could handle Network Vision being deployed any faster than it already is. It would be a major cash flow crunch and very difficult to fund.

Yea and on top of that, the multimodal equipment is made by Ericsson so they are also more familiar with it than Samsung and Alcatel Lucent.

Sprint is definitely not the carrier for everyone. But from where we are now on February 13th, Sprint is doing everything it can with the resources it has for the Chicago market. If Sprint doesn't meet your needs knowing how Chicago is being handled, I can understand and respect that.

Thankfully we live in a country where we still have choices in wireless. I hope that always remains. Because the only reason Network Vision is under way now, and the only reason Verizon has an extensive LTE network is because of competition. Not because the heads of these companies are so wonderful and care about our needs. They just are concerned their competitors will better cater to their customers needs. Which sounds like it might be the issue in your case.

then you end up paying more $ which is your choice....AND have to deal with data caps or throttling...

Phones are not a question they are coming as are speeds. Pricing is only thing that "might" change but I honestly cant see it changing at all since we already pay the $10 data charge anyway. Will be tough to say that LTE deserves another fee ontop of the changes that came with WiMax introduced long ago...

I would only be paying 5 dollars more a month with Verizon since I get a bigger discount and Sprint cutting my current discount. Not worried about caps since I use 1.5-2 gigs a month so the double data promo is great for me. I didn't mean to come off like a jerk because I really do want to see Sprint take over as a dominant carrier but for right now my needs are more than Sprint can offer me.

I would only be paying 5 dollars more a month with Verizon since I get a bigger discount and Sprint cutting my current discount. Not worried about caps since I use 1.5-2 gigs a month so the double data promo is great for me. I didn't mean to come off like a jerk because I really do want to see Sprint take over as a dominant carrier but for right now my needs are more than Sprint can offer me.

I didn't take it that way. Everyone is welcome to share their opinion here. I just appreciate when critical comments are explained thoughtfully. I think you did that.

I think a lot of people are sensitive around here (me included to some extent). In some ways this forum is the last bastion for Sprint fans. Most of the other Sprint forums have really been overrun with haters. Including the official Sprint forums! :rofl:

I didn't take it that way. Everyone is welcome to share their opinion here. I just appreciate when critical comments are explained thoughtfully. I think you did that.

I think a lot of people are sensitive around here (me included to some extent). In some ways this forum is the last bastion for Sprint fans. Most of the other Sprint forums have really been overrun with haters. Including the official Sprint forums!

I'm just here for the cookies tbh.

The Android Strikes Back 4G

• Like 1

yeah didn't take it that way at all man. no worries.

I'm just used to people complaining and wanting to switch over without knowing what they were getting is all.

to be honest I'm lucky I have wifi everywhere I go and need data otherwise I would be calling in every week to get stuff done hopefully.

I was upset enough over losing the Premier program when they made that decision as I like my yearly upgrades...

yeah didn't take it that way at all man. no worries.

I'm just used to people complaining and wanting to switch over without knowing what they were getting is all.

to be honest I'm lucky I have wifi everywhere I go and need data otherwise I would be calling in every week to get stuff done hopefully.

I was upset enough over losing the Premier program when they made that decision as I like my yearly upgrades...

I miss my yearly upgrades too. :angry:

The Android Strikes Back 4G