Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

rumor has it downtown meriden is currently getting upgrades along with some other towers in the area..and is set to be complete by september, and spark is sappose to be popping up and HD voice fully underway. we shall see..not holding my breath..a rep said people should keep calling in and complaining and it may help move things along.

• Like 1

update on downtown meriden tower...now its been pushed out till december for completion...this has been going on now for at least 1 year almost 18 months now. this is insane because %78 of my usage is on this tower and when im home i have to rely on wifi for my phone to work, and this tower has been a problem since 2011...dont know about anybody else but im losing faith in sprint fast and i think i may have to start looking else where for a carrier. :(  :td::wall:

• Like 1

update on downtown meriden tower...now its been pushed out till december for completion...this has been going on now for at least 1 year almost 18 months now. this is insane because %78 of my usage is on this tower and when im home i have to rely on wifi for my phone to work, and this tower has been a problem since 2011...dont know about anybody else but im losing faith in sprint fast and i think i may have to start looking else where for a carrier. :(  :td::wall:

I take it that you don't have an LTE phone. My coworker's 5S gets about three (3) bars of LTE in Downtown Meriden. 

On the other hand, my iPhone 4S is useless in the same area. pings of 1700ms+, and I complain daily to @SprintCare, to date, no responses....

• Like 1

I do have a LTE device i have a note 3...and no LTE and im in the downtown area...your co worker must be getting hits off the s. Broad st. Tower then because the downtown tower on top of the hanover towers is not upgraded what so ever. I just got informed that the upgrades have been pushed AGAIN till december...deciding if verizon or at&t should be the way to go for a new carrier.

Email from a Sprint Tech:

"I know waiting for LTE is difficult, and I'm always happy to provide any updates I can. The tower you are referring to near Hanover St does have plans in place to start LTE upgrades in the next 3 months. It starts with the 800MHz, and the reset of the upgrades are planned for the next 6 months."

• Like 1

thats a little bit weird because usually they start with the 1900mhz first...went by the building today and theres panels on the side of the building if i remember correctly werent there before...hopefully its case where the panels are there installed and just have to be connected and turned on...ill post pictures soon.

Email from a Sprint Tech:

"I know waiting for LTE is difficult, and I'm always happy to provide any updates I can. The tower you are referring to near Hanover St does have plans in place to start LTE upgrades in the next 3 months. It starts with the 800MHz, and the reset of the upgrades are planned for the next 6 months."

Well banananuts you are correct...i talked to network support and 800mhz is starting like you said within 3 months and then 1900mhz and 2.5 ghz....wish they would start already data service is getting worse everyday.

you are so right...unlimited data or not...i myself dont use more than 2-2.5 gb per month because i know how to manage data, just waiting to see what the note 4 and iphone 6 are gonna be about and then if the tower is not squared away by then im out..just like the rest of the almost 900,000 customers for q2. the only thing im not liking about verizon and att is that there is no way to shut off LTE if you want to and use 3g, they want you to consume more data but im no young buck to his first bbq.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-expected-to-report-a-loss-of-900000-subscribers-for-the-second-quarter_id58646

Found this gem today in Northern CT.  There are more out there, I just havent looked yet.  My offer stands on the contest for at least another week or two, but at the way things are flying, the incentive to hunt for B41 is dwindling, because rollout is flying.

Screenshot_2014-07-25-16-17-57.png

• Like 1

Found this gem today in Northern CT.  There are more out there, I just havent looked yet.  My offer stands on the contest for at least another week or two, but at the way things are flying, the incentive to hunt for B41 is dwindling, because rollout is flying.

Screenshot_2014-07-25-16-17-57.png

• Like 1

Well banananuts you are correct...i talked to network support and 800mhz is starting like you said within 3 months and then 1900mhz and 2.5 ghz....wish they would start already data service is getting worse everyday.

The biggest thing you are doing wrong is talking to network support. They are just throwing the standard answers out.  It could be next week, it could be a year.  Something is holding this site up.  Its not being ignored or passed over.

It also doesnt start with 800mhz.  They go in, put up panels that support 1900 LTE and Voice and 800 LTE and Voice.  Most likely, the day it goes live, LTE will not, just 1900 voice.  Then typically LTE on 1900, then 800 voice and LTE get lit up together at this stage of the game (it used to be 800 voice and later on 800 LTE, but they appear to happen at the same time lately).

There is high site density in the area, so it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to get a signal from another one of the towers.  You really should consider a donation to the site and get a look at the maps.  Meriden is pretty well off.  Thats all I am gonna say.

Also, you guys should consider trying to win my little contest.  Go find some B41.  If you have a Triband device, you should be able to find some.  

• Like 1

I dont have a tri band device i have a note 3..im well aware of all the towers that have been upgraded and my address uses the tower in queation and i dont get any LTE at all at home and have to rely on my wi fi for any kind of data usage. If i did have a tri band device i would go look for that band and win the membership, as the membership robert gave to me for submitting pictures of current sites being upgraded has since expired, and im not in a position right now to purchase/donate for a membership. I loved having accesss to the info but priorities just doesnt allow at the moment

Pictures of a site with the 8T8R will win it for you.

Also, if you are at home you should absolutely rely on your home wifi. That's going to always make your experience better, and everyone else's. Goes for any carrier. If we all stop offloading to wifi, networks would crumble.

Another thing, the Note 3 has terrible reception compared to most devices. Unless you are married to the size, maybe you can find someone on Craigslist that would swap to an S4 or S5. The note just doesn't perform well.

Goodluck.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

i have to admit i do like the size of the note 3 and it seems to have pretty good reception..compared to the 2 s4s i have on my account the s4 reception is slightly better...i was thinking about the m8 at one point but from having the m7 the camera is what turned me off..the camera on the note is so much better...but i was gonna be going around again soon to snap some pictures of the towers in the area again to see if there were any changes that have been made and post em..so expect some pictures soon.

• Like 1

cant post pictures...files are way to big...have shots of the hanover st. tower, s.broad st. and w.main st. was also gonna get 3 more locations tomorrow.

• Like 1

Pictures of a site with the 8T8R will win it for you.

Also, if you are at home you should absolutely rely on your home wifi. That's going to always make your experience better, and everyone else's. Goes for any carrier. If we all stop offloading to wifi, networks would crumble.

Another thing, the Note 3 has terrible reception compared to most devices. Unless you are married to the size, maybe you can find someone on Craigslist that would swap to an S4 or S5. The note just doesn't perform well.

Goodluck.

So, are the 8T8R panels that would have a colored front panel to match the rest of the cell site, meanwhile the sides remain white?

If so, I spotted two (2) in Meriden. 

1) Executive Inn & Conference Center, 900 E Main St., Meriden, CT 06450 (black on the front, white on the sides)

2.) On the corner of Miller & Paddock Ave in Meriden. It's a brown tower which can also be seen from route 15, and the replaced panels are brown on front, but white on the sides. Thing is that the Paddock Ave site was a former clear wire cell site.

Edited by banananuts87
  • Like 1

Although possible, doubtful they are painted already. Seems painting in CT occurs 6 months after install. Got any pictures?

• Like 1

Although possible, doubtful they are painted already. Seems painting in CT occurs 6 months after install. Got any pictures?

If i cant upload pictures no bigger than 431k...how do i post em??