mirskyc

GMO Site Discussion (Ground Mount Option)

If needed. They're rf combiners not splitters. 4 to two, not two to 4.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Gotcha. (I've been reassured they're the same physical device thing before, but I suppose the distinction matters a lot in this context.)

I like start seeing lot action with gmos.

• Like 1

Hot GMO action.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 6

With regard to GMR, what causes them to do the full conversion of panels and then mount the radios on the ground?

Is it when they convert a GMO to NV? Where the radios are already mounted on the ground so they just put up new antennas and run new cable?

Nevermind I found that it's when they just can't fit the RRU next to the panel for various reasons.

With regard to GMR, what causes them to do the full conversion of panels and then mount the radios on the ground?

Is it when they convert a GMO to NV? Where the radios are already mounted on the ground so they just put up new antennas and run new cable?

Nevermind I found that it's when they just can't fit the RRU next to the panel for various reasons.

It almost always is an engineering issue. Structure can't handle the added weight, not enough space to mount, adds to much wind resistance, etc. It sometimes also is a lease issue. Landlord wants too much of a rent increase to add radios, but existing lease allows for radios a base station.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Son not gonna give up that treasure trove of 2.5 spectrum for cheap, $12 per share minimum.  Gonna love my May 2018 calls!  Cha-ching! 
    • PRLs do not affect LTE connectivity — they are only for CDMA. What you are observing must be a coincidence. As Sprint and Open Mobile are still integrating their networks, Band 13 will probably come and go quite a few more times before you’ll be able to properly connect to it.  It’s hard to say. Although I may be wrong, I think that if the merger does goes through (which it may or may not), it will go through everywhere. 
    • Update: Did a PRL update (55069) and sightings of B13 using Signal Check Pro are less frequent know in my area. Before this latest PRL, I was able to see between 2-3 B13 signals everyday for the entire time that I had the app open but not anymore. There is a B13 in my area at -98 dBm that's constantly disappearing from Signal Check Pro. As for roaming charges when I was using Open Mobile, there are none and the roaming data allotment stills at zero. Two question for thought... If Sprint and T-Mobile merge, what could be the implications for PRWireless in Puerto Rico (Joint company between Sprint and Open Mobile)? Would the DOJ step in to prevent a 3 carrier merge in PR? Or would it go thru making a super telecom company in PR? Or maybe the DOJ allows the merge in the USA but not in PR... Lastly, could the rollout of Sprint VoLTE be affected in PR do to Open Mobile's equipment?
    • Why not link the the actual report instead of a 2nd hand telling of said report? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us-exclusive/exclusive-t-mobile-sprint-make-progress-aim-for-deal-next-week-sources-idUSKBN1HX3G6