Austin area network issues

pii100

The Austin area is having issues with voice and text messages on Sprint today. Data seems to work ok. I have heard through the grapevine that Sprint CS is reporting issues may persist until Friday. Strangely my AT&T phone is also affected.

The Austin area is having issues with voice and text messages on Sprint today. Data seems to work ok. I have heard through the grapevine that Sprint CS is reporting issues may persist until Friday. Strangely my AT&T phone is also affected.

The only way your AT&T Phone would be affected is if both AT&T and Sprint where using the same back haul provider on the same towers (in the case of microwave), but then it'd also affect 3G. I'm not sure if it could be network vision related either because I don't know where Austin is on the schedule, but if it where to be I still doubt there would be any issue with your AT&T service.

It is an odd situation. I lean towards an issue with a some centralized switch instead of backhual but that's just a hunch. Maybe some insider can shed more light on what has/is happening.

This is a known issue I think. I do know that it is not a weather related outage and there was also a news report on it:

http://weareaustin.c.../vid_1713.shtml

Also it appears to be just Central and parts of North Austin. I live S. near Sunset Valley and have had no outages. I did have hops into roaming frequently heading up 360 yesterday though.

edit: Confirmed 170 site outages.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/89962?tstart=0

Edited by cletus