AT&T Drunk Dials the FCC

irev210

Pretty comical article. WE GAVE YOU CUPCAKES! hahaha

http://www.businessw...k-dials-the-fcc

Be sure to click on all the links - good back stories.

Remember when you came to Orlando last year, and you were all talking about spectrum crunch, and we were all “Omigod, we’ve been talking about spectrum crunch, too,” and you were all “I know,” and we were all “I know.” Do you remember that?

hahahhahahaha

I can't stop laughing

pol_fcc51__01__600.jpg

pol_fcc51__01__popup.jpg

• Like 1

:rofl:

Its funny. But there is a sad truth underneath all the humor. AT&T is so rediculous. And their anti-competitive nature shows through more and more every time they speak. They are just becoming more despised in the eye of the American consumer. Their punitive raising of prices is going to backfire on them. Stupid.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Its funny. But there is a sad truth underneath all the humor. AT&T is so rediculous. And their anti-competitive nature shows through more and more every time they speak. They are just becoming more despised in the eye of the American consumer. Their punitive raising of prices is going to backfire on them. Stupid.

It will only backfire on them if Sprint offers an alternative. Maybe in a year or two when they have their NV substantially complete.

• Like 2

Lots of whining. Gives people a bad perception of their company as a whole.

From someone pricing services right now. At&t is cheeper than verizon. And for my three lines its cheeper than sprint also.

Unless your an employee, or on a sero plan sprint isn't near as cheep as they used to be.

Sprint has unlimited data, unlimited mobile to mobile, but 1500 min is as low as they go on family plan min. Which most dont need.

At&t has unlimited mobile to mobile, offers lower min packages with rollover. Which if you can live with 5gb data per line is same price or lower than sprint.

Verizon has coverage. And thats it. If verizon had unlimited mobile to mobile in more than 3 or 4 states they would be an option. But without that they can get expensive as hell.

In the end they are all pretty close and the average cell user, unlike us, dont pay attention to all this anyway.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

That's what makes the article - the underlying truth. AT&T is so pathetic, major news publications find the comedy in their outlandish claims.

• Like 1

Lots of whining. Gives people a bad perception of their company as a whole.

From someone pricing services right now. At&t is cheeper than verizon. And for my three lines its cheeper than sprint also.

Unless your an employee, or on a sero plan sprint isn't near as cheep as they used to be.

Sprint has unlimited data, unlimited mobile to mobile, but 1500 min is as low as they go on family plan min. Which most dont need.

At&t has unlimited mobile to mobile, offers lower min packages with rollover. Which if you can live with 5gb data per line is same price or lower than sprint.

Verizon has coverage. And thats it. If verizon had unlimited mobile to mobile in more than 3 or 4 states they would be an option. But without that they can get expensive as hell.

In the end they are all pretty close and the average cell user, unlike us, dont pay attention to all this anyway.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

No, average user doesn't care. There is an inflection point down the road though. These dealings with spectrum will likely have large impacts to the average user in 2-5 years.

If Dish decides not to sell to AT&T - where is AT&T going to get spectrum?

When AT&T can't offer a competitive product against Verizon and Sprint (and T-Mobile) what are they going to do? Outspend everyone splitting cells and have huge operating costs (and lower margins)?

So they end up complaining to the FCC because as a result of poor management and a failed merger... they are in a VERY bad position vs. other wireless companies (in terms of spectrum position). It will be interesting to see how this progresses over time. I think we will see people start to leave AT&T.

Look at churn. Verizon has lower churn than AT&T. I am thinking that VZN will continue to have the lowest churn at sub-1%, Sprint should fall below 1.25% over the next few years, and AT&T should start to slowly tick up.

If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, FCC will force Verizon to divest their 700MHz A&B blocks and their own AWS spectrum concentrated in the eastern part of the country. AT&T will be the recipient of most of the 700Mhz and AWS spectrum with T-Mobile and Metro picking up the rest.

Oh, look, AT&T is whining again:

AT&T Inc. (T) Chief Executive Officer Randall Stephenson said Washington needs to figure out how to clear a regulatory logjam that’s hampering wireless growth and forcing companies to raise prices.

The industry is waiting for the Federal Communications Commission to decide on Verizon Wireless’s proposed $3.6 billion partnership with cable companies, including Comcast Corp. (CMCSA) The review of that agreement, announced in December, is holding up related deals for spectrum by AT&T and others, Stephenson said.

Enlarge image iG_W5LI0bSSg.jpg

AT&T Inc. Chief Executive Officer Randall Stephenson said in December that the failed acquisition of T-Mobile USA - a deal AT&T abandoned amid regulatory opposition - would result in capacity constraints and higher prices. Photographer: Peter Foley/Bloomberg

The popularity of the iPhone and other smartphones is putting pressure on existing networks, prompting wireless carriers to seek more capacity in crowded markets. The FCC has to sign off on each transaction, and its rate of decision making can’t keep pace with the industry’s evolving needs, he said.

“The industry is just kind of stuck and we’re all sitting here watching Verizon-Comcast waiting to see what happens,” Stephenson said yesterday in an interview at Bloomberg headquarters in New York. “You have got to make sure we put spectrum in the market. They need to become liquid spectrum markets.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-11/at-t-ceo-complains-that-regulatory-logjam-stymies-deals.html