Sprint Direct Connect expanded internationally

ericdabbs

Sprint announced the expansion of its Sprint Direct Connect service over CDMA internationally to Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru. This is good news for those iDEN customers who are looking for CDMA PTT capability internationally.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2255

• Like 1

What I want to know if how the whole roaming thing is gonna work because up until now I could go traveling to those countries and basically roam for free. Since they are still iDen and soon switching to qchat as well but using HSPA+ as opposed to EDVO. Can anyone give any insight?

What I want to know if how the whole roaming thing is gonna work because up until now I could go traveling to those countries and basically roam for free. Since they are still iDen and soon switching to qchat as well but using HSPA+ as opposed to EDVO. Can anyone give any insight?

So far Sprint does not have roaming agreements and it looks like they aren't going to.

Over CDMA Direct Connect?

yes

So far Sprint does not have roaming agreements and it looks like they aren't going to.

That would be a shame since that service is very appreciated by people that go to South America often for business. Hopefully they will have some sort of world phone with GSM and CDMA and PTT