MobileX Beta Launches

4GHoward

• 3 months later...

Idea has some promise.  Been unsuccessfully trying to test it for a while, 1st with esim then psim, on a variety of devices.  Could be getting hung up on Verizon network quirks.  Communication is poor, very bot like.  Officially launched, but not ready for prime time.  Usual rule with MVNOs should apply: if automated processes work then great else move on.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:02 AM, dkyeager said:

Idea has some promise.  Been unsuccessfully trying to test it for a while, 1st with esim then psim, on a variety of devices.  Could be getting hung up on Verizon network quirks.  Communication is poor, very bot like.  Officially launched, but not ready for prime time.  Usual rule with MVNOs should apply: if automated processes work then great else move on.

Finally have liftoff this morning. Middle of the night messages seemed to work best.  Often seem to be limited to one message per day. If you get desperate, start a new message, but they hate that.  You will get a response.

On a 4g phone (rooted) I show MobileX has standard priority with NSG.  Will try at my favor poor performing overloaded Verizon site to test 5g priority.

22 hours ago, dkyeager said:

On a 4g phone (rooted) I show MobileX has standard priority with NSG.  Will try at my favor poor performing overloaded Verizon site to test 5g priority.

Here are the speedtest results at a slow site (done in an alternating fashion between the MVNOs:

Red Pocket (low priority): 9/24 2/17 7/24

MobileX 66/16 70/21 72/18

US Mobile (High Priority): 64/22 61/16 99/20

Thus it is safe to say that MobileX 5g is high priority.

Interest quirks are the MobileX tries imperfectly to determine your phone type.  If it does not guess at all then it remains the last one successfully tested.  For example, it does not detect the Samsung 32 5g factory unlocked, but does detect the the carrier version.  It however does not know the firmware loaded.  The T-Mobile firmware does not support n77, while the factory unlocked does.

Premier sponsors can find other related information here: https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/8347-signal-hunter-tips/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several problems with the MobileX app processing payments (several errors).  They just credited me for the first month, which I will verify tomorrow.

Lately support has been more communicative about various errors I have run into.

• 6 months later...

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/mobilexs-big-bet-walmart-and-whats-next

I noticed that they have now broken out taxes from data, thus a very slight price increase.