PRL file format

Sandman

PRL is a binary file. It can be edited in QPST or some versions of CDMA workshop. These are specialty software tools from Qualcomm. Internally, the PRL is two databases: an acquisition records table indexed to a root record and a system table that is processed by a phone from top to bottom that directs it to scan various acquisition records for 1x then for EVDO carriers. I use QPST to modify existing (or create new from scratch) PRL files that can be loaded into any CDMA cell phone. For LTE phones, the SIM contains the PRL and is automatically updated by the network. It cannot (or should not) be loaded or modified in any other way.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys.

Just curious, is it possible to force your phone to lock onto the closet tower, through the PRL, instead of constantly jumping around to all the towers closest to you? I have a tower ~1000 meters away but the phone will try to lock onto towers greater than ~1500 meters with weak signals.

Thanks for the info guys.

Just curious, is it possible to force your phone to lock onto the closet tower, through the PRL, instead of constantly jumping around to all the towers closest to you? I have a tower ~1000 meters away but the phone will try to lock onto towers greater than ~1500 meters with weak signals.

Nope...PRLs are not tower specific. They only define entire cell systems for areas.

• Like 1