In order to use the Quectel RM510Q's mmWave function, do I need the QTM525 mmWave antenna module?

skyblue235

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/1/23191183/sprint-network-shutdown-t-mobile-sunset-lte-3g-cdma
    • I was thinking that Dish could be in a pickle with limited low-band.  But forgot they will have n26. Dish needs to also push carriers to support that band as well. I know that is like 14x14.  With 5G, is that something that Dish will be fully able to utilize?
    • Update: Throughout my time in Ireland, I've been on 4G (LTE) via Global Roaming with no issues. Nothing from Sprint/TMo re upgrading service. Hopefully, no bad surprises on my next bill . . .   Installed new TMo SIM in my daughter's phone while here, and she's had no data whatsoever. I had received mixed responses from TMo folks prior to the trip as to whether that was possible.
    • Went up to Woodbury again and it looks like the Archdiocese and NW Spectrum LLC are hampering T-Mobile's ability to expand beyond 40MHz still. Unlike in NYC, Band 41 is still alive and well on Sprint in Orange County. I was seeing 20MHz of Band 41 on both Sprint and T-Mobile. n41 is still at 40MHz unfortunately with no sign of a second n41 carrier anywhere. 
    • Author kinda doesn't know what they're talking about, as they assumed their speeds were n71-only (it's like they half-read the PCMag article they cite). The speeds they're mentioning are 100% from n71 + n66 SDL, which also explains speeds dropping off a cliff when they walk indoors. In fact, Dish has some paired AWS-3 in Spokane, albeit just 5x5, so I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't bothered deploying that and are just doing 71 + n66 SDL (the former at 5x5). May head down to San Marcos and New Braunfels tonight to do some testing. I expect either n71-only or n71 + SDL, not sure which. n71 is 5x5 here as Dish has leased half of their 10x10 to T-Mobile. When that lease expires they'll be at 10x10, and they could get another 10 MHz FD (albeit not contiguous) from speculators if T-Mobile didn't outbid them. Will be interesting to see who buys what when.