Montego Bay, Jamaica

Rawvega

I'm currently in Montego Bay and Sprint Global Roaming has been pretty decent thus far. We seemed to jump on Digicel when we first arrived, but our phones have been preferring FLOW since then. Coverage has been quite good even indoors. I imagine that the network(s) are quite dense, at least in this part of the island. I've remained on the free low-speed data option on my Note 9 while my wife eventually opted for the high speed data pass for a week on her S9+. The difference in speed can obviously be seen in the screenshots though they are from different locations. Despite the unimpressive speed test numbers I've found the low speed data to be surprisingly snappy when doing mundane tasks and even viewing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc take longer but isn't too terrible. Data intensive jobs such as trying to upload pics or video is somewhere between painful and futile though. People who do a lot of uploading/streaming to social media will definitely want to shell out the dough for the high speed data day or week pass. One interesting thing is that despite the high ping times Sprint Direct Connect Plus still performs very nicely including during the time before my wife bought the data pass.

Screenshot_20190428-235842_Speedtest.jpg

IMG_20190428_170147.jpg

Screenshot_20190429-000826_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1