webOS as open source.

legion125

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 28 January 2012

HP is suppose to release v.1.0 this September. I was a fan of webOS since my wife had the Pre (which she still carries). I was waiting for better hardware, specs and developer support before deciding to make the switch, which we al know failed to materialize since the HP debacle. Does anyone think this will take off now that HP is giving it away?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/25/hp-webos-to-be-fully-open-sourced-by-september-enyo-2-0-framew/

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 29 January 2012

I think there is a slim chance. But, it will take a major outfit in the market to give it a shot. However, I am not optimistic for webOS.

• 1 month later...
I really wish someone would run with Webos

Then tweak it!

It would be one hell of an operating system!

I loved my Palm Pre!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Totally agree, loved webOS the palm pre lacked in hardware specs. Hopefully it catches on.

webOS much better than android or iOS IMO.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ MeanRom

Totally agree, loved webOS the palm pre lacked in hardware specs. Hopefully it catches on.

webOS much better than android or iOS IMO.

Mmm idk if Webos is better than Android

I think it would need tweaked for more customizations

But its open source so its better that ios

in my eyes anyway...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

WebOS was very calm in terms of operating systems. I wasn't able to use it enough to learn how it worked, but it sure was much calmer than android, and so I liked it better personally.

WebOS was very calm in terms of operating systems. I wasn't able to use it enough to learn how it worked, but it sure was much calmer than android, and so I liked it better personally.

I had my pre rooted and tweaked, when I left webOS for EVO 4g, I really missed it.

Our Pre has rareley had any issues, very stable but slow. Never had the hardware to take advantage of the software. My wife loves the multi-tasking and except for the lack of apps would keep it forever if it ran faster. She's waiting for another phone to fall in love with before she let's it go. Hopefully the GSlll?