Funny (not really) Sprint Story

DanielB

That wouldn't make any sense for any Sprint employee to tell you to do that. Hence they would get charged back everytime you ported out. I'm pretty sure you have to be active for a total of 180 days for Sprint employees not to get charged back from their commissions. So they recieved no personal gain from getting you to do this.... It just sounds like they advised you to do the wrong thing. You can always dial *3 and pay off the IB. Then just purchase another one.

That wouldn't make any sense for any Sprint employee to tell you to do that. Hence they would get charged back everytime you ported out. I'm pretty sure you have to be active for a total of 180 days for Sprint employees not to get charged back from their commissions. So they recieved no personal gain from getting you to do this.... It just sounds like they advised you to do the wrong thing. You can always dial *3 and pay off the IB. Then just purchase another one.

*3, eh? Is that billing? The few times I tried to pay off an EIP early (without porting), billing did not know how to handle my request.

*3, eh? Is that billing? The few times I tried to pay off an EIP early (without porting), billing did not know how to handle my request.

Yes it eventually prompts you to pay of the IB. Lol it does take a little patience though. Hope that helps you out for future references.

• Like 1

That's not a great selection, especially considering almost ANY unlocked GSM phone will work on AT&T or T-Mobile. Not Sprint's fault, of course, but still unfortunate.

Considering the first unlocked device to work on Sprint was the Nexus 5 roughly two years ago, this process is still in its infancy.  Device subsidies are for all intents and purposes gone, now the carrier loan program or leases are the new model.  These "universal" mobile devices are fairly new, 2-3 years ago, a manufacturer couldn't fit all the antennas and whatnot in a phone to cover all the networks.  Now they can and are doing this, gives much more cost effectiveness to scale up in this direction.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't you just buy the device on easy pay, pay off the balance and then buy a new device on easy pay after it updates? Porting your number back and forth seems like a huge waste of time, you are making it way harder than it needs to be. Better yet, just buy the devices at full price with a credit card. Since you aren't keeping them for more than a month you won't have any interest if you keep selling the devices.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't you just buy the device on easy pay, pay off the balance and then buy a new device on easy pay after it updates? Porting your number back and forth seems like a huge waste of time, you are making it way harder than it needs to be. Better yet, just buy the devices at full price with a credit card. Since you aren't keeping them for more than a month you won't have any interest if you keep selling the devices.

Read the thread. ;)