Has Anyone Noticed Improvements Yet?

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 24 January 2012

At times, it seems my 3G speeds have improved. But what really prompted me to ask this question was regarding what happened today. In my house my signal strenth is usually 3 bars (-86ish dB), but this afternoon, I was messing with my phone, and all day it was full service and -65 dB. However, I had absolutely no data connection. This lasted about 2 or 3 hours. Now, I have data and signal is back to -86 dB. If they were doing tests with Network Vision's 1x-A @ 800mhz, that would certainly explain my jump in signal all afternoon. Are they doing Network Vision upgrades here (PHX)? I recall in AndroidForums, a member reported something simmilar in Dallas.. he called Sprint, they sent him an AirAve for free... and said they were doing network upgrades in his area. About 3 days later.. They announced Network Vision deployment is underway in Dallas. So, All made sense. So, Here, In Phoenix, am I experiencing the same thing... or is this wishful thinking? Thanks for you thoughts and opinions.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 25 January 2012

Although Phoenix has not been formally announced, that doesn't mean that Network Vision has not commenced there. Chicago wasn't one of the cities announced, but I have confirmed three times over that Samsung has already gotten underway there.

I really feel in my gut that Phoenix is going to be one of the early cities. I would be cautiously optimistic that something is up based on your observations today. Possible testing of 800 1xA carriers is a possibility. I hope it is indeed the case.

Keep us posted! ;)

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 25 January 2012

Phoenix seems to be the one of the hot beds for testing, both with Sprint and Clearwire. At the minimum I would think that back haul improvements are taking effect since that's the first step for NV. Perhaps we'll get more info during Sprints 4th Qtr report in a few weeks.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 26 January 2012

I was seeing drastically improved 3G speeds in St. Cloud MN, but then it went back to as slow as it ever was. I don't know what it was all about.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 26 January 2012

I think we all will see a sort of see/saw effect with coverage depending on your area and what part of NV is being worked on. Some towers will be up and others down as back haul and tower configurations are made. This is why I've commented that things intermittent with speed & coverage until NV is complete in your area. We just have to hunker down and wait it out, although you hear a lot of others saying this is the last straw and are porting over to other carriers.