How many RF connectors per cell phone tower

I have been tasked with an assignment to figure out how many RF connectors there are on an average cell phone tower. I don't have the faintest clue as to how I can go about estimating this number.

Just reviewing this forum I am guessing there are typically 9 sector antennas per triangle installation. Beyond this how can I estimate how many RRU's feed into each antenna and then how many RF connectors there are for each antenna setup?

Any comments would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

I have been tasked with an assignment to figure out how many RF connectors there are on an average cell phone tower. I don't have the faintest clue as to how I can go about estimating this number.

Just reviewing this forum I am guessing there are typically 9 sector antennas per triangle installation. Beyond this how can I estimate how many RRU's feed into each antenna and then how many RF connectors there are for each antenna setup?

It's literally an impossible task. There are tens of thousands of towers and each are unique with different collocations from different carriers and even radio stations and local wisps among other entities.

There are no way to determine the average literally. Each site is unique.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Check out the antenna threads. They vary by market.

I've worked in the industry for over 12 years and I can tell you that there is no static number. With that being said, A fully-built "standard capacity" Samsung site with 800, 1900, and 2500 will have 96 individual RF connectors.This is assuming that all of the radio heads and antennas are mounted on the T-frames at the top of the tower.

Other OEMs have splitters, combiners, amplifiers, lightning protectors, etc.. and I am not familiar with those setups.