Anyone tried the new Netgear LTE router?

jonathanm1978

I noticed while visiting the Sprint store, Bham AL..last night that they have a Netgear (like, N6100 or something like that...without googling to be sure) but, it boasts LTE on 3 bands, wifi and router all in one.

And a price tag that isn't far-fetched, $199. Anyone tried this, or know if they are worth it?

Google showed me it's Netgear 6100D.

I gotta wonder how this works...say for instance..if I hooked it up in my house, where only LTE 1900 is available (but I can't get it without driving 10 minutes or so to town.)

No 800smr or b42 anywhere near me, lest Atlanta being closest.

Looks like a business solution..but how does it generate its signal..using a broadband backbone...?

I noticed while visiting the Sprint store, Bham AL..last night that they have a Netgear (like, N6100 or something like that...without googling to be sure) but, it boasts LTE on 3 bands, wifi and router all in one.

And a price tag that isn't far-fetched, $199. Anyone tried this, or know if they are worth it?

Google showed me it's Netgear 6100D.

I gotta wonder how this works...say for instance..if I hooked it up in my house, where only LTE 1900 is available (but I can't get it without driving 10 minutes or so to town.)

No 800smr or b42 anywhere near me, lest Atlanta being closest.

Looks like a business solution..but how does it generate its signal..using a broadband backbone...?

There are a couple folks over in the Hotspot/USB area that have used it.  Checked out the thread over there:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5554-netgear-4g-lte-router-gatewaynew-plans/

• Like 4