New site why not?

So this year our town decommissioned a big water tower. Not to long after as I live 2 blocks away I talked to the men that where hooking up equipment and they said they are installing att, Verizon putting panels up and had backhaul installed really fast. Question is why didn't sprint take up on doing this? It's on top of a huge hill in the center of town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Turboxsloth

So this year our town decommissioned a big water tower. Not to long after as I live 2 blocks away I talked to the men that where hooking up equipment and they said they are installing att, Verizon putting panels up and had backhaul installed really fast. Question is why didn't sprint take up on doing this? It's on top of a huge hill in the center of town?

Is the service you're receiving sufficient at home?

Yeah and no only 2 towers on my town and there on the outskirts doesn't cover good

Sprint may not be doing site surveys for your area right now. I think they're primary focus right now is completing NV 1.0 and pushing through NV 2.0 and NV 2.5. Until 1x800 and LTE 800 is deployed in their planned areas, you may not see many brand new (non-conversion) site additions.

Having a CDMA site at the highest point in town isn't always the best for RF planning as it can cause interference for the other sites in the cluster.

Plus unfortunately AT&T and Vzw have the money and are usually tied to local government, city/towns for there services, an example EMS/Fire, Police.... Sprint may have a few county or cities that use them for there provider.  Another unfortunate thing is that AT&T (well not so much AT&T anymore), and Vzw own there own towers (well not ALL of them but you know what I mean...)

• Like 1