Gps issue

dethalis

Today I spent 20 mins trying to get my sprint note 2 to get a lock... this after I drove 40 mins and it decided once again I was in the grass or driving down the wrong side backward. The gps then wont shut off even tho I told it to turn gps radio off... I reboot my phone wait 10 mins for my 3g which should have no issue as I have full voice coverage to come back and try again for 10 mins... say screwe it and keep driving and 5 mins down the road it finally finds me... this all with clear sky... so I picked my iphone up while this is going on again a sprint device that I use as an ipod... turn on googlr maps and bam locked on I seconds..

So I go to my local sprint repair center and describe my issue to the techs... the one tech asks me what I have my network mode set to.. I double check and its on cdma/lte/evdo... the tech then tells me its probably an internet signal issue and because we have no lte here I should switch it to cdma only... I chuckled in my head... I said if I do that it locks the phone to 3g only and wont allow it to switch to lte. She replied with no it will switch... I chuckle and go that makes no sense it has 4 radios inside... one each of the following.. 3g, lte, nfc, and gps... I said besides I have internet because I can browse the web, look at facebook, and watch youtube no problem... again the tech told me it was probably related to internet and again I told them its not internet issues if I can browse... and I explained again the gps is its own radio signal and that neither 3g or lte are even related to it... I again told them that telling the phone to be cdma only it wont switch to lte when I am in harrisonburg, va or the like... and told them to read more about the device... they got a little offended...

Ok so enough of the funny buisness...

Anyone have any idea why I have gps issues?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I've had that issue sometimes where gps just doesn't work.

I have used this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

I use it clear the downloaded gps data, causing it to update the A-GPS data or tell it not to be used.

I clear it, then open up maps, seems to fix it.

• Like 1