3g offline

No this does not mean network vision. You can be in locations where EVDO cannot reach where 1X can.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

isn't 1X and EVDO 3G same frequency?

isn't 1X and EVDO 3G same frequency?

Yes, they are. But that doesn't mean since you receive 1X you will always get EVDO. Its just like with LTE. LTE requires a more robust signal to work so that's why it seems like it doesn't travel as far.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What about when RSSI is high but EVDO switches to 1x for no reason. I've been noticing this more often in Tallahassee, FL and noticed it real bad in Panama City, FL. I'm guessing probably because of just network congestion. I don't get in these places where the legacy data connection is so bad to where your data connection become useless the network wouldn't go back towards equilibrium, because people will stop using a contested connection and that will in turn free it up some?

Yes they are the same frequency but each has a different airlink. 3G is more fragile than 1x.

No they are different frequencies. You can not have them on the same channel.

What about when RSSI is high but EVDO switches to 1x for no reason. I've been noticing this more often in Tallahassee, FL and noticed it real bad in Panama City, FL. I'm guessing probably because of just network congestion. I don't get in these places where the legacy data connection is so bad to where your data connection become useless the network wouldn't go back towards equilibrium, because people will stop using a contested connection and that will in turn free it up some?

This is a big part of NV. EVDO and 1x and all CDMA links dynamically load balance between cells basically automatically... but not between each other. As in, if an EVDO cell has all the "breath" sucked out of it by high loading, you will automatically become biased toward adjacent cells which are less "out of breath". This is a dramatic oversimplification, but that's basically "cell breathing" as it applies to CDMA cells.

Your phone can easily hear the tower signal regardless of other users in the vicinity but the tower loses YOU in the noise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-far_problem -- this becomes a worse and worse problem for the tower as loading happens. This effectively contracts the cell size, but you will see a strong signal from the tower.

NV is a layer on top of the CDMA layer which attempts (among many other things) to kick you into 1x if it calculates you are better off on it than EVDO at that time. It's still in calibration of course. ;)

Posted Image

That us in a poor location at my house on the bottom floor. LTE fades in and out. Usually into 3G. They were tweaking the NV recently and testing some upgrades to the 1xA.

Posted Image

Used to look muuuuccch worse. I was pretty impressed for the dreaded circle, vs. the signal strength.

Posted Image

Same location, disabled LTE and toggled Airplane Mode until I had 3G for long enough to run a few tests. This was the best one.

Worst part of NV will be convincing users whose UI shows their status bars all the time, to resist toggling airplane mode! ;)

Okay so 3G is 1900Mhz

And 1X is the lower frequency?

What digi means is they cannot literally be the same frequencies. The same way channel 1 of 2.4GHz wifi is not strictly the same as channel 11, though we call them both 2.4 at times.

Ok thanks for the info Txmtx. Im assuming this extreme cell loading is whats causing the received signal strength to bounce between full signal to no bars, and this should be remedied by NV increasing cell capacity and cell range. But what I don't get is that when observing Ec/lo my epic 4g touch on boost with a JB modem dosent seem to hunt out a good Ec/lo, the best I remember seeing is around -9dB, and I see some people around here reporting -1.5dB?  It will often switch and the Ec/lo goes even lower than it was? Im guessing that's just how bad it is in Tallahassee with the legacy network.

Today at the mall 3g was down and only 1x worked is this network vision upgrading?

I tired restarting my phone and updating profile and still I get 1x

queen kaahumanu center

Maui, Hawaii

According to permits pulled in your market, you all more than likely have zero sites being upgraded yet: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3807-hawaii-network-vision-permits/

I could be wrong, but as a Sponsor, check it out.

Let me rephrase when I say market. I should specifically speak of Maui.

Edited by COZisBack