How to Spot New NV Backhaul (At least in MI)

At least in Michigan, this is how they have been bringing fiber from the backhaul provider to the new cabinets.  This frequently, but not always, shows up before cabinets.  Backhaul is never installed before this structure is present.

Often times, this is installed much before the new cabinets are.  In all cases, the new cabinets are installed with their backs to this structure.

I have picked this site because it does not even have new cabinets installed yet:

cxFIomM.jpg

IChfMD9.jpg

Here is a similar installation after the cabinets have been installed but not yet connected:

WClIbU1.jpg

In this case, the fiber isn't even there yet.  There is only a conduit that leads into that box marked "Fiber", taped off, with only a pull string in it, that leads to outside of the fenced area:

NdGvl27.jpg

• Like 7

At least in Michigan, this is how they have been bringing fiber from the backhaul provider to the new cabinets. This frequently, but not always, shows up before cabinets. Backhaul is never installed before this structure is present.

Often times, this is installed much before the new cabinets are. In all cases, the new cabinets are installed with their backs to this structure.

I have picked this site because it does not even have new cabinets installed yet:

Here is a similar installation after the cabinets have been installed but not yet connected:

In this case, the fiber isn't even there yet. There is only a conduit that leads into that box marked "Fiber", taped off, with only a pull string in it, that leads to outside of the fenced area:

I think you're right. I also find this all around Toledo Ohio as well. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Not trying to rain on any of the excitement by any means.....  if you do not see this at the site do not get discouraged as there are many ways for backhaul to be run.  Some sites I've watched twice a day to and from work with absolutely zero backhaul work observed yet they are active LTE sites today.  This site does not have microwave backhaul on it either.

Yes, but except for very rare cases, and unless using microwave backhaul, this combination of boxes and frame is installed just before the cabinets.  If it is not installed before they arrive, it is installed before they are moved to final position.

• Like 1