Hello from Lake Charles, La.!!

d_rail34

Just want to thank the guys hosting for some great insight regarding the NV build-out!

Also want to give a thumbs up to anyone else from "The Lake" area that's had to wait "patiently" (NOT!) for some real data service. It's been a LONG wait, and I'll be glad when it gets here! :tu:

• Like 2

Sounds like you're familiar with the Lake? LOL

I was kinda pissed when I got my EVO 4G and found out that WIMAX was pretty much non-existent here...especially considering that I had just moved from Houston. :wall:

Edited by d_rail34

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I haven't caught a whiff of n41 down here in the South Sound, yet.  I am slowly finding more B41, though.  Recently in Shelton, the two Sprint Retain sites that were converted have B41 live now.  Their permits show n41 equipment.  But they just haven't fired them up, yet. Robert
    • Documentation says one thing, but reality can prove the documentation to be completely inaccurate once you actually test the equipment. I run into this pretty regularly at work with software and hardware I utilize.  "hey, it says it can do xyz" and I get a "mumble mumble mumble, yeah we never got that to actually work" or "that configuration actually doesn't exist", or "we are waiting on firmware" or "this functionality costs extra, buy this for $15,000/yr per radio and we will turn it on" blah blah blah.
    • Wonder if AT&T is doing some last minute deals with businesses, as to why HSPA is still online. Or maybe there are contracts in place that have pushed the "deadline" out in various places. Shoot, AT&T could be getting sued in local courts and the courts saying AT&T needs to keep it online until things are settled?
    • The main n41 channel was just moved up to 2639MHz this morning.  This means that channel spans from 2589MHz-2689MHz. With Sprint B41 at 2501.5MHz, and TMobile B41 spanning 2508MHz-2548MHz. That leaves room for a 40MHz n41 channel. If they drop one of the TMobile B41 channels, they could easily expand that to 60MHz. This all in line with their permit filings which indicate a second n41 carrier of <=80MHz.
    • Another confirmed keep site: Sprint eNB ? -> T-Mobile eNB 895067 (40.73485489368193,-74.0089370311213)