Apps not detecting 3g radio on GS3

EXLINE

So I just noticed this happen a couple days ago. I had Sensorly opened and I hit "map trip" then I noticed it was not getting an points for 2g/3g I just thought it was a malfunction. So, then I tried to use Netmoniter and same thing, it would say no service and couldn't find the tower I was using. It seems this has happened since the day I did did the Google framework clear data to get Jellybean to push to my phone. Jellybean downloaded but I keep hitting install later because I didn't realize people were getting battery drain so I have been holding off. So....any ideas?

So I just noticed this happen a couple days ago. I had Sensorly opened and I hit "map trip" then I noticed it was not getting an points for 2g/3g I just thought it was a malfunction. So, then I tried to use Netmoniter and same thing, it would say no service and couldn't find the tower I was using. It seems this has happened since the day I did did the Google framework clear data to get Jellybean to push to my phone. Jellybean downloaded but I keep hitting install later because I didn't realize people were getting battery drain so I have been holding off. So....any ideas?

Battery drain on the GS3 Jelly Bean release? Never seen that. And I work in one of the busiest corporate S&R stores in the country. I don't really trust places like XDA and the like on the Internet for fool-proof information. Most of the people in places like that have no idea what they are talking about, but know just enough to get themselves (and many others) into trouble. They hear or read something and take it for gospel. Places like that can be useful for finding a solution for a problem, but they just as easily can become a breeding ground of min- or dis-information. Their users often use mismatched basebands/modems/ROMs and blame the official release for it when it quite easily could be something they did to the phone themselves or some incompatibility between software flashes. This is why carriers do not work on phones with custom software (Sprint will help people with rooted devices running stock software, but any custom ROMS/firmwares/modems/etc. should not be touched in store, if they do help it is because they want to help, they are under no obligation to help you with a phone that you easily could have broken yourself, and thereby cost the company hundreds of dollars).

I have had some battery issues on my GS3, but they were all related to Wake-Locks by a a specific app, nothing to do with the phone or base OS itself. In my case, my exchange email got corrupted on the phone and was constantly trying to reconnect to the server every 5 seconds, even after a power cycle. I had to delete my email account and set it up again to fix the issue.

I discovered this using BetterBatteryStats to monitor wake locks and battery use while the phone goes to sleep. It just started telling me suddenly when I woke my phone up that it was at 100% awake time while asleep, and with a few taps I knew exactly where the issue was. The built-in Battery Use part of Android confirmed it, albeit with much less info to go on.

I'll have to try tomorrow and see if my GS3 running jelly bean rooted works properly in Sensorly.