Way to get your phone to see eHRPD?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've noticed that when my phone looses signal, and when I eventually get service again, it will not return to eHRPD and it will never find it again. I'll need to then cycle airplane mode before connects to eHRPD.

This makes for pretty painful EV-DO to LTE handoffs when I'm traveling. Things like audio streams will stall out every time I pass by an LTE tower. The eHRPD to LTE handoffs work great if I cycle airplane mode before I start my commute.

Is there a way to make my phone connect to eHRPD without cycling airplane mode? Even better, it would be nice if I could make it automatically scan for eHRPD periodically.

just turn airplane mode off and on it should beable to find it again i have a galaxy nexus and it does it all the time when i'm at work and that trick works for me

don't know where your at but i'm in central illinois and i get better speed on evdo a which i connect too all the time