The ONE, the ONLY LG Viper Ice Cream Sandwich Thread

MacinJosh

Do you guys think I should pick up a used Viper to play with until my contract is up in June? I am on the NS4G, we are finally getting some LTE here in Charlotte and I want to start driving around and doing speed tests. I'd feel vaguely guilty going backwards to ICS from JB, but judging by the screenshots you all have put up it looks pretty nice after the update. (Except Josh, that font is hideous.)

I just bought one (eBay, $61 shipped!) today for that very reason: there are confirmed active LTE towers eight, six and seven miles away in three directions from my house. I'm eligible for an upgrade in June but I'd like to see if it's worth it yet. Hopefully I can sniff a little bit of the new stuff from here.

I'm using a highly customized Photon (4.2) right now and I'm sure I'll hate regressing a little but I can't help it; I'm a tech geek.

I just bought one (eBay, $61 shipped!) today for that very reason: there are confirmed active LTE towers eight, six and seven miles away in three directions from my house. I'm eligible for an upgrade in June but I'd like to see if it's worth it yet. Hopefully I can sniff a little bit of the new stuff from here.

I'm using a highly customized Photon (4.2) right now and I'm sure I'll hate regressing a little but I can't help it; I'm a tech geek.

Actually, ICS on the Viper was really snappy. I liked it a lot. It isn't that much of a regression considering it's a basic smartphone.

My Photon has a couple of Jellybean features that I do use which don't work on ICS. I'm sure I'll get by without them, but that initial shock...

Good to know that it works well enough though. Maybe it'll keep me happy until I can do a proper upgrade. S4? HTC One? Decisions, decisions.