Plans Questions, Switching Family to Sprint

khammondnm

My parents and sister (same plan, 3 total on plan) are currently with T-Mobile and will be switching to sprint in the next week or so. I have some questions that I have yet to find a clear answer to on the internet. First, the rate plan. My father's work email qualifies him for an 18% discount I believe. He also qualifies for the Credit Union Discount (15% if i remember right). The questions, is 18% the best we can do or are there other legitimate ways to get a better discount? Second, if these are the only two options, I am aware that the activation fee is waved for credit union discount holders, would it be prudent to sign up with the credit union discount then switch to his work discount? Would this be possible? Are there time constraints between switching discounts and effects of contractual commitments (new two year agreement)?

Next subject area. My sister, who will be upgrading with them, is currently in Kentucky and will not be there for the upgrade. Can my parents create the plan and buy her a phone that she can pick up at a sprint store in Kentucky. I should also mention that I am planning on them all getting the iphone 5, we have our reasons, but thats besides the point. Could she pick it up at an apple store if they had one in stock? What are your guys knowledge about these things? Also, in order to sign up for a new account with a discount, would my parents be required to purchase the new plan at a sprint corporate store only? No signing up at an Apple store?

I realize this is a lot of questions and I really do appreciate any help with regards to these issues. Any help with any of these questions would be really great. Thanks guys.

i have read both of these threads, but one of them starts talking about getting the .aim discount, which is not ethical, and the employee discount program, which turns out to not be better than my dads company discount, correct?

• Like 1

i have read both of these threads, but one of them starts talking about getting the .aim discount, which is not ethical, and the employee discount program, which turns out to not be better than my dads company discount, correct?

You have to look 18% is good but line 3-5 $20 add a phone plus $10 smartphone data = $30 per line.

Referral is $15 add on plus $10 smartphone date = $25 and i never get charged an upgrade fee.

Upgrade fee is like $30 each line. $90 for 3 phones every 2 years.

Just some me info for you. Welcome abroad.

One thing You might want to know. My understanding is that you only get 1 discount on the plan (So have the p[erson who is eligible as teh primary on the plan). Also, the way it worked for us was that we had the Data Everything (We didn't need unlimited minutes... 1500 was more than enough for us). That comes with 2 lines and its $30 to add an additional smartphone. What they gave me a discount on was the Plan price - the amount to add the 2nd line... The math won't work out, but we got a discount on $110, Not $139.

It was still better than Verizon, they only give a discount on the data and it's only 15%.

Welcome to Sprint.

You have to look 18% is good but line 3-5 $20 add a phone plus $10 smartphone data = $30 per line.

Referral is $15 add on plus $10 smartphone date = $25 and i never get charged an upgrade fee.

Upgrade fee is like $30 each line. $90 for 3 phones every 2 years.

Just some me info for you. Welcome abroad.

So do you know it would work out to be? They are going to get the everything data 1500 minute plan. So the employee program will help with not having upgrade fees? Do i understand the program correct you can only buy devices online and not in stores?

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

I thought you could only do upgrades on EPRP accounts through sprint only?

That is what i was also told as well only online. But I five lines all have been upgraded at BestBuy 2 different times 10 phones :-)

That is what i was also told as well only online. But I five lines all have been upgraded at BestBuy 2 different times 10 phones :-)

Have they ever mentioned anything about you having an account that's out of the ordinary when you go there? When I call into Sprint I'm always transferred to their "Employee Accounts department".

I thought it didn't make sense that you couldn't upgrade with third parties if you have an EPRP account, I'm guessing they can't add EPRP lines and make changes to the plans though.

Account maintenance, upgrades, etc should be no issue. Adding new lines can only be done online, not even in a corporate store.
i guess I'm confused as to what the monthly bill before taxes would be for the employee discount vs an 18% corporate discount for a everything share 1500 minutes with three lines total

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2