A Bit of SoftBank+Sprint Humor

Tomas

As folks have been coming up with suggested names for the Sprint subsidiary of SoftBank I immediately came up with simply combining the two names into one... SPrint+softbANK=SPANK.*

Ok, ok, *I* thought it was funny.

Taking that theme a bit farther I felt I should combine the SoftBank and Sprint logos for a combined look...

spank_logo_640.png

Someone else suggested that they need to bring back Mr. Baker (Sprint's "Overcoat Guy") to push the new company, and going with that I thought a proper combination might be Overcoat Guy, Otosan (the SoftBank dog) and the new logo...

spank_guy_and_otosan.jpg

Once I saw that, I suddenly realized it reminded me of an image that stuck in my mind from the announcement presentation live from Tokyo the other morning with Masayoshi Son (SoftBank CEO) and Dan Hesse (Sprint CEO) shaking hands on-stage...

new_boss_640.jpg

I don't know, maybe it was just me.

Thought I'd share it anyway.

* As it stands right now it appears the "New Sprint" Holding company will be formed with Sprint as a subsidiary.

• Like 6

Dan Hesse, a physical giant. Yet, in the announcement, Mr. Son overshadowed Dan...immeasurably. He was so aggressive. I liked it. ;)

Robert

• Like 3

Dan Hesse, a physical giant. Yet, in the announcement, Mr. Son overshadowed Dan...immeasurably. He was so aggressive. I liked it. ;)

Robert

Absolutely! Son san has an amazing "presence" and tends to dominate a group easily. Very dynamic leader is my impression.

• Like 2

As folks have been coming up with suggested names for the Sprint subsidiary of SoftBank I immediately came up with simply combining the two names into one... SPrint+softbANK=SPANK.*

Ok, ok, *I* thought it was funny.

Taking that theme a bit farther I felt I should combine the SoftBank and Sprint logos for a combined look...

spank_logo_640.png

Someone else suggested that they need to bring back Mr. Baker (Sprint's "Overcoat Guy") to push the new company, and going with that I thought a proper combination might be Overcoat Guy, Otosan (the SoftBank dog) and the new logo...

spank_guy_and_otosan.jpg

Once I saw that, I suddenly realized it reminded me of an image that stuck in my mind from the announcement presentation live from Tokyo the other morning with Masayoshi Son (SoftBank CEO) and Dan Hesse (Sprint CEO) shaking hands on-stage...

new_boss_640.jpg

I don't know, maybe it was just me.

Thought I'd share it anyway.

* As it stands right now it appears the "New Sprint" Holding company will be formed with Sprint as a subsidiary.

Hey Tomas, can I use the Spank logo? I'm making a Sprint/Softbank rage comic and I was wondering if I can use it for my comic.