Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

definitely fiber. I don't think sub one hundred pings are possible on anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think you can. I have gotten as low as 76 down here in Alamogordo and we are not on fiber.

image.jpg

definitely fiber. I don't think sub one hundred pings are possible on anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I ran the test several times and all tests were below 100. Pretty good ping considering it was rush hour at that intersection

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I think you can. I have gotten as low as 76 down here in Alamogordo and we are not on fiber.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif image.jpg

Multiple T1 lines? Anyone else want to chime in on that 7x ms ping being anything but fiber? Maybe a very short run of copper to the fiber trunk line?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have had an EVDO ping below 100ms on T1 lines. Possible but not common.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I ran the test several times and all tests were below 100. Pretty good ping considering it was rush hour at that intersection

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

That is a very good sign of fiber. Mine was about four good test over a couple of minutes. Haven't gotten below 100 since then.

So have there been any sites anywhere in the country where cl backhaul has been installed that anyone here knows about??

Yes.  They did pretty well in Austin, Nashville, Jacksonville, Minnesota (except Duluth).  They are still waiting for backhaul in Duluth.  But the majority of the cities with little to no LTE sites in the Sprint network are CenturyLink.  CL also has a lot of sites in some major cities like Phoenix and Las Vegas too.  They are going to need to get theirs going soon, as Cox is nearly complete on all their sites in those markets.  CenturyLink is a factory of sadness.

Robert

Makes me wanna dump them for my home internet lol

Yes.  They did pretty well in Austin, Nashville, Jacksonville, Minnesota (except Duluth).  They are still waiting for backhaul in Duluth.  But the majority of the cities with little to no LTE sites in the Sprint network are CenturyLink.  CL also has a lot of sites in some major cities like Phoenix and Las Vegas too.  They are going to need to get theirs going soon, as Cox is nearly complete on all their sites in those markets.  CenturyLink is a factory of sadness.

Robert

Makes me wanna dump them for my home internet lol

We just went with Comcast blast internet after leaving CL. Even though I hate Comcast too, we subscribed to 50 Mbps but we have been consistently getting 70 Mbps...winning!

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

We just went with Comcast blast internet after leaving CL. Even though I hate Comcast too, we subscribed to 50 Mbps but we have been consistently getting 70 Mbps...winning!

Sent from my Nexus 5

To be fair, the new boxes they have like the X1 are decent. That said, they still have a lot to improve on their customer services in most places. 

To be fair, the new boxes they have like the X1 are decent. That said, they still have a lot to improve on their customer services in most places.

x1 Cable box or modem? I just use my own docsis 3.0 modem.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So I picked up the Montano and Unser 1x800 signal again today and attempted to make a call.  It failed to go through and after about twenty seconds it jumped to 1900 1x and went through.  Dang Ericsson, get your act together. 

So I picked up the Montano and Unser 1x800 signal again today and attempted to make a call.  It failed to go through and after about twenty seconds it jumped to 1900 1x and went through.  Dang Ericsson, get your act together. 

That's the Note 2 problem on 800.  That's the problem I had no matter whether I was on Samsung, AlcaLu or Ericsson on CDMA 800.

Robert

• Like 1

This was on the nexus 5....any other confirmed Ericsson markets with the n5?

Sent from my Nexus 5

There is a lot of CDMA 800 live in Kansas and Houston.  You could check with those guys.

Robert

I guess the tower on old coors and sunset gardens sw is a high use tower I spotted 4 per sector with 3 sectors. Its a very large tower with multiple carriers on it, so I guess thats expected from a tower that size and in the area with minimal towers in that area.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I guess the tower on old coors and sunset gardens sw is a high use tower I spotted 4 per sector with 3 sectors. Its a very large tower with multiple carriers on it, so I guess thats expected from a tower that size and in the area with minimal towers in that area.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yep. From what I've noticed, most of the towers along Coors are high capacity sites.  I hope when the start firing up LTE we have both band 25 and 26.  I also wonder if the current spacing is sufficient for TD-LTE on the west side.  In the heights, tower spacing is so much tighter (due mostly to flagpole sites here and there)

Yep. From what I've noticed, most of the towers along Coors are high capacity sites.  I hope when the start firing up LTE we have both band 25 and 26.  I also wonder if the current spacing is sufficient for TD-LTE on the west side.  In the heights, tower spacing is so much tighter (due mostly to flagpole sites here and there)

Most of the ABQ sites east of the river are spaced well enough for at least continuous outdoor Band 41 coverage.  Sites in the NE Heights, South Valley and West Mesa are spaced too far apart for overlapping Band 41 coverage in many cases.  

Band 41 will not work indoors in the fringe areas between most sites in ABQ as is.  You would fall back to Band 25 and/or 26 in those locations.  However, Sprint says they will be densifying Band 41 coverage in the Top 100 markets before the end of 2016.  So more sites will likely be added around ABQ still in the coming year or two.

I wouldn't mind Band 41 in the areas within 1/2-3/4 mile of a site, and falling back to Band 25/26 in all other locations.  That will work well, and be superior to Tmo and AT&T's networks at their build out.  And will perform similar to VZW network in ABQ when they finish building out a 15MHz AWS LTE network overlay.  Because AWS LTE will also cause islands with only LTE 750 in between.

Robert

• Like 2

I think it's odd that we had so many 3g acceptances in abq and now they have died off. Maybe the towers in rr aren't complete? Maybe Ericsson wants to wait on backhaul to accept lte at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I think it's odd that we had so many 3g acceptances in abq and now they have died off. Maybe the towers in rr aren't complete? Maybe Ericsson wants to wait on backhaul to accept lte at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Something fishy is happening.  No acceptances in a long time.