OptPCS

Febby

I just saw this application named "OptPCS" on the play store. It supports a lot.of information regarding cell site information and so on... and even shows the CDMA/EvDo dBm so far for me. I have a Wimax device currently so I cant verify LTE. I hope it can be useful. :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.optpcsmobile

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I just saw this application named "OptPCS" on the play store. It supports a lot.of information regarding cell site information and so on... and even shows the CDMA/EvDo dBm so far for me. I have a Wimax device currently so I cant verify LTE. I hope it can be useful. :)

https://play.google....om.optpcsmobile

The app looks interesting if it really logs any LTE details. But it also asks for a breathtaking set of permissions, especially for a paid app:

This application has access to the following:

• Services that cost you money
    directly call phone numbers
    Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers.
    send SMS messages
    Allows the app to send SMS messages. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
  • Your location
    fine (GPS) location
    Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the tablet, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power. Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
    coarse (network-based) location
    Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are. Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
  • Network communication
    full Internet access
    Allows the app to create network sockets.
  • Phone calls
    read phone state and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storage
    modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
  • System tools
    change Wi-Fi state
    Allows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.
    retrieve running apps
    Allows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. Malicious apps may discover private information about other apps.
    prevent tablet from sleeping prevent phone from sleeping
    Allows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
    modify global system settings
    Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.

I clicked on the link to "Privacy Policy." It led to a boilerplate "Disclaimer" text on the developer's website that seems to protect the vendor in many ways, but not the user.

Yeah the permissions are a little weird. I edited the apk to disable those permissions like sms, calling out, and writing to sysyem settings. Other than that, I love it.