Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I was working in Naples today, and running Sensorly while driving. On my return trip North, I was able to connect to 4G from just S of Brandon on I75. And then was able to stay on 4G for the most part all the way to the Fowler exit, then a bit E on Fowler. I mapped it all on Sensorly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, just for the hell of it, I mapped some 4G when I was working in Vero Beach a few days ago. Looking at Sensorly, it looked like someone else had done a little mapping there before me. But, I added a bunch more to the map... :)

When I was on my Vero Beach trip, I also spotted what looked like a cell tower with Sprint NV 4G panels & RRUs on SR60 East of Lake Wales. There were some other random towers that seemed to be upgraded along the way too. Though, I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to stop and have a closer look...

I mapped it. The tower is north of I-4 near the intersection of McIntosh and Thonotosassa Rd.

Excellent, another one down... NEXT!

What is interesting though about this one is that the tower doesn't seem to have the range others nearby have, unless the antennas still need some tweaking...

When I was on my Vero Beach trip, I also spotted what looked like a cell tower with Sprint NV 4G panels & RRUs on SR60 East of Lake Wales. There were some other random towers that seemed to be upgraded along the way too. Though, I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to stop and have a closer look...

Here's a picture I took of the tower E of Lake Wales on SR60. The quality of the pic sucks, but you may be able to make out what I believe to be the NV panels & RRUs on the bottom set of antennas...

unyne6e4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Here's a picture I took of the tower E of Lake Wales on SR60.

unyne6e4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S III

For some odd reason this picture just made me wonder if anyone would be nerdy enough to make their car antenna resemble an NV tower.

• Like 2

For what ever reason, my posts go nutty if I go back and fourth between my iPad, and my Android phone. A bunch of extra characters appear in the post if I edit on one device, after posting on the other...

Excellent, another one down... NEXT!

What is interesting though about this one is that the tower doesn't seem to have the range others nearby have, unless the antennas still need some tweaking...

Keep in mind that the site originally may not have been intended to broadcast a signal that far. Might just be a site that fills in coverage in an otherwise dead spot

From Sensorly, it looks like the Brandon Mall area signals are coming from a tower* near NW corner of the I-4 & I-75 interchange.

Edited by Dkoellerwx
Please keep sponsor material, including site IDs, in the sponsor forums

I stro

Most of the tracks around Brandon mall have been there a week or so but the tower you mentioned came online last night.

I strongly suspect a tower*, but no one has been over there to confirm/deny.

Edited by Dkoellerwx
Please keep sponsor material, including site IDs, in the sponsor forums

Keep in mind that the site originally may not have been intended to broadcast a signal that far. Might just be a site that fills in coverage in an otherwise dead spot

Yep, understand that, though it makes finding them a bit more difficult in my opinion. I did run across another not far away with panels (as I mentioned in my last message), which will pick up some of the slack.

From Sensorly, it looks like the Brandon Mall area signals are coming from a tower* near NW corner of the I-4 & I-75 interchange.

I drive by that spot almost daily, and based on the signals, I think it is the other one being mentioned in a few messages later that I'll be driving by today.

I mapped lte in del Rio yesterday but it is not showing up I'll map it again today because I work right there. Senorly is filling up so and for the first time in picked up LTE in my bed room and living room without having to go on my porch. I take back all the bad things I have said about sprint they are doing this so fast

I stro

I strongly suspect a tower*, but no one has been over there to confirm/deny.

Ok, here is the scoop based on my travels this morning. The site off of Windhorst road, although having easy to spot Sprint LTE RRUs and panel in place in the familiar configuration, is not lit at this time. I am assuming work has recently happened there as it was apparent someone through an old cabinet off to the side outside the fence to discard it.

I drove from US-301 and Big Bend. Took a right on Bloomingdale, then a quick left on Providence. I rode it all the way up until it turned into Lakewood, then took the right on Windhorst. All along getting some weak LTE, based on the signals on the detail screen in Sensorly. Most appeared between -100 and -120 everywhere I went. When I got to Windhorst and Parsons it dropped off.

I then went south on Parsons and took a right to head west on Brandon Blvd (60). As I passed Pauls Dr. I looked at the tower on the left, quickly, as you know how traffic is there. I believe I saw Sprint panels there, but it was a real quick glance. WIth the few sites I have seen just north of there it appears to be an area with a lot of work going on.

Anyway, as I went further west the LTE signal came back with the typical -100 to -120 I have been seeing all in the areas that we have seen some activity lately. I took a hunch that the US301 tower north of I-4 near the salvage yard was the tower we are seeing activity from, so I took a turn to the north on US301 from 60 and when I got to the top of the hump over I-4 I could see I might just be right. As I got close to the tower site at the salvage yard the signal was the strongest I had seen in my travels. It was apparent it was hot when I was next to it on US301 and I kept going north to Fowler. As I approached Fowler the signal dropped off. I then went west on Fowler, jumped on 75, and then headed back home to Riverview.

Long story short is my assessment is this tower is throwing a great signal to the south, not so good to the north. The south antenna must be facing at a pretty good upward attitude based on the signals (and weak signals) we see to the south. So, other than the other one that was mapped already north of I-4 near McIntosh, it appears this is the one we are seeing a great deal of signal from to the south.

Based though on the sites I passed when near both there is a lot of activity in that area and I expect to see more hot to the southeast of the one at the salvage yard on US301 north of I-4.

Looking on Sensorly though, based on the blip I see off of County Line Rd., I am wondering if there is anything in that direction also to look into. If I go out on the motorcycle later for a ride, I'll setup the phone with the LTE discovery and let it map it while I ride :)

• Like 3

I was at the starkey road site last night and their Fiber backhaul was just installed.

i drove by there yesterday because things were lighting up in Tampa so I decided to take a look. There was a SUV there looked like a Dodge Durango with the gate open.