Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

So, the only phone that works with band 41 is the G2? The Nexus 5 doesn't work yet but should, correct?

So if I'm due for a new phone I'm thinking just wait for the Samsung Galaxy S 5?...

For now, the story is as follows: HTC One Max, SGS4 Mini and the Galaxy Mega are the only tri-band enabled phones with the Spark update already out.  The LG-G2 and LG-N5 WILL work with band 41, however, we are at the liberty of LG as to when that update will hit and allow our phones to connect to B41.  The current timeframe is "early 2014" for the update, but keep in mind that could be April or it could be tomorrow.

If you are buying the phone on contract, I may recommend holding out for the new S5.  The N5 is a great phone and I LOVE it, but I wouldn't waste my upgrade on it.  Keep in mind it can be had for $350 with no contract (which is how I purchased it).

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Alright folks. Now that 2014 is here, we should see completion of LTE 1900 in the coming months with a robust 3G/1x800 network as well as see LTE800 start to light up towards the middle-to-end of the year.

It's been a rough year, but we've accomplished in Columbus:

• Our first 3G site accepted on May 1st, 2013
  • Our first 1x800 site accepted June 11, 2013
  • Our first LTE 1900 site accepted June 24th, 2013
  • Our first LTE 2.5 site accepted August 22nd, 2013.

We'll probably see Columbus added to Sprint's list of 4G LTE cities in February 2014.

I know we all hoped for more but we have what we have. For those that have stayed and will make the final journey can say, we know what we were, what we are and where we're heading. I hope in the coming months we can all sit back and talk about the bad-ol-days of not being able to post to facebook or pull up that coupon at the register with 20 people staring at you with the eyes of death.

Here on S4GRU in 2013, with the help of digiblur, we launched the Columbus Network Vision Map & Spreadsheet. Where up-to-date information on our market is displayed and provided. Hell, we even inspired some other markets to start Maps & Spreadsheets. We also started up the S4GRU Columbus (Unofficial) Chat on Google Hangouts. Some markets are following this trend as well. I'd really like to add more to S4GRU and the Columbus Market and need help with ideas from the community. What would you all like to have as a tool or reference here on S4GRU?

Thanks to you all for taking the journey with the rest of us poor suckers that decided we love Sprint and S4GRU so much that we decided to become Premier Sponsors, and "Hey Girl Hey" were we "idiots". :lol:

• Like 10

zachs1111, on 03 Jan 2014 - 1:47 PM, said:

More lte activity in Delaware today...was sitting at a buddy's house who lives right by the lake street tower when lte came on..again all of the sudden..pretty cool

Sweet. I'm going to put tentative by this one for confirmation. If you're able to drive to the site anytime soon and grab a better signal, let us know.

EDIT: That GCI is from an LTE site out of Lewis Center. It's getting pretty good distance to only be -108dBm.

Can you also check out the Curtis St site as well from your previous post. It's still not LTE accepted:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/page-168&do=findComment&comment=255526

Trying to figure out if it's that is the Curtis site or the site on SR37.

Thanks.

As a tease, us sponsors get access to super-special PRLs that allow us to tell when a tower is in "test mode" and coming online.

Here are two examples, one of which I forgot to post I discovered awhile back.

Remember any donation will get you access to a world of info.

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

As a tease, us sponsors get access to super-special PRLs that allow us to tell when a tower is in "test mode" and coming online.

8u8ybuqu.jpgu8yzy5e5.jpg

I drove past that tower at 111 Riverside Dr in Newark a few times and never got any LTE.  When did you take these screenshots?

8u8ybuqu.jpgu8yzy5e5.jpg

Ok the 800 on Riverside Drive Nerk was logged on 10.28 by Imex. Here's the mystery, the site showing as "22nd East Crest Drive, Newark" isn't on a map. 

The LTE I'm certain is Welsh Hills but I don't think you were reporting that. Hmmmm.

Picked up 800 test mode from two east side sites tonight, one with pictures and working data!!! The other was being glitchy so I won't actually claim it until I or someone else gets a solid connection.

2014-01-05%2000.50.13.png

2014-01-05%2000.53.14.png

Only one PN, I wasn't driving.

• Like 1

Sweet. I'm going to put tentative by this one for confirmation. If you're able to drive to the site anytime soon and grab a better signal, let us know.

EDIT: That GCI is from an LTE site out of Lewis Center. It's getting pretty good distance to only be -108dBm.

Can you also check out the Curtis St site as well from your previous post. It's still not LTE accepted:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/page-168&do=findComment&comment=255526

Trying to figure out if it's that is the Curtis site or the site on SR37.

Thanks.

the LTE is coming from the curtis street tower. here I uploaded the LTE engineering information with the previous post.  whenever I drive by the tower, the dbm gets lower and lower and the signal gets stronger, plus I don't live anywhere close too the 36/37 tower, and I get the signal at my house as well. 

For now, the story is as follows: HTC One Max, SGS4 Mini and the Galaxy Mega are the only tri-band enabled phones with the Spark update already out.  The LG-G2 and LG-N5 WILL work with band 41, however, we are at the liberty of LG as to when that update will hit and allow our phones to connect to B41.  The current timeframe is "early 2014" for the update, but keep in mind that could be April or it could be tomorrow.

If you are buying the phone on contract, I may recommend holding out for the new S5.  The N5 is a great phone and I LOVE it, but I wouldn't waste my upgrade on it.  Keep in mind it can be had for $350 with no contract (which is how I purchased it).

Hope this helps.

So I bought a moto x for $250. I saved my upgrade and over $100 vs a new Nexus. The tri band thing is far from useful. But now in my house I get LTE where my old Evo did not. Besides losing root this phone is great.

• Like 1

So I bought a moto x for $250. I saved my upgrade and over $100 vs a new Nexus. The tri band thing is far from useful. But now in my house I get LTE where my old Evo did not. Besides losing root this phone is great.

Tri-band far from useful? What about LTE 800?

• Like 1

Tri-band far from useful? What about LTE 800?

When LTE 800 is ready to go I'll be ready to upgrade. But like you said the other day, if the 1900 works well it may not be a huge deal. Plus I'll wait until the tri bands can handle voice and data simultaneously. I had to get rid of the Evo. It wasn't cutting it and moto x users have been very pleased.

• Like 1

When LTE 800 is ready to go I'll be ready to upgrade. But like you said the other day, if the 1900 works well it may not be a huge deal. Plus I'll wait until the tri bands can handle voice and data simultaneously. I had to get rid of the Evo. It wasn't cutting it and moto x users have been very pleased.

How'd you get the Moto X for $250 if you don't mind me asking.  That's a great price for a great phone.  It gets great reviews.  I was thinking about it or the N5 and went for Triband.  I'm a sucker when it comes to new technology...

Hi neighbors! :wavey:

Picked up 800 test mode from two east side sites tonight, one with pictures and working data!!! The other was being glitchy so I won't actually claim it until I or someone else gets a solid connection.

The Millersfield site is my 'home' tower, I can see the light on top of it from my back deck.  Wonder if they're working on it again...couldn't call, text, or use data for about an hour earlier this evening. Chatted with Sprint rep online & finally got it working with a re-activation (##72786#). Now I'm bouncing between 1X800 sites in Canal & Pickerington.

• Like 1

Craigslist. Found 2 of them for $275 and got this guy down to $250.

Nice work.  I cannot believe how bad the Evo LTE's radio was.  I wonder if I'll ever buy another HTC.  Certainly won't buy one with AJ checking the RF...

Does anyone know if they are upgrading the trower at Coffman high school? Voice works but data is very slow when it works. It has been that way for a week.

That site, believe it or not has not been checked once by any member here.  If you are able to get a picture of the site, even from a distance and post here we may be able to help.  Just for the record, it is not a matter of IF the tower is being upgraded, but when.  Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks again.

That's part of the reason why I haven't switched yet to a new Tri-Band device.  My hope is that Samsung will split the radios and allow for voice and data at the same time.  But, hope always dies last.