Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Hello, quick question. I just noticed today after checking sensorly on both my phone, and the website, that there is LTE live less than a quarter mile from me. I can't connect. Anyone know why? I've connected to LTE before on my GS3 in Grove City. It connected immediately without my having to do anything.

So far I've; Updated PRL, restarted phone, Changed the connection type from CDMA back and forth to CDMA/LTE/EVDO, and toggled airplane mode multiple times. The best I have gotten was x800 with EVDO. The x800 would only stay for about 30 seconds after updating the PRL.

Hopefully someone can help me out. Being this close to the site, I should have no problem connecting at all.

http://gyazo.com/0d3ec2e031f0af7edf3c07fdcca426e1

Edit: Changed picture to more accurately show where I am trying to connect.

That would BC41 LTE and Sensorly not having the granular controls over which BC LTE is being detected. This is where dkyaeger was doing some BC41 searching.

Neither worked. My current PRL version is: 25017

Had a couple things and an itchy post finger. The S3 picks up 1900 LTE. There is no 800 LTE in our market, at least that we know of. That LTE on Sensorly is 2600 LTE, unless you have a triband phone or access point you won't pick it up. Sensorly throws all Sprint LTE on the same map.

Had a couple things and an itchy post finger. The S3 picks up 1900 . There is no 800 LTE in our market, at least that we know of. That LTE on Sensorly is 2600 LTE, unless you have a triband phone or access point you won't pick it up. Sensorly throws all Sprint LTE on the same map.

Well that's just lovely. I don't have an upgrade until next November... Thank you sprint.

Well that's just lovely. I don't have an upgrade until next November... Thank you sprint.

Buy the nexus 5 off contract, sell ur s3 on eBay... Everything works good, no contract extension and new phone!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hello, quick question. I just noticed today after checking sensorly on both my phone, and the website, that there is LTE live less than a quarter mile from me. I can't connect. Anyone know why? I've connected to LTE before on my GS3 in Grove City. It connected immediately without my having to do anything.

So far I've; Updated PRL, restarted phone, Changed the connection type from CDMA back and forth to CDMA/LTE/EVDO, and toggled airplane mode multiple times. The best I have gotten was x800 with EVDO. The x800 would only stay for about 30 seconds after updating the PRL.

Hopefully someone can help me out. Being this close to the site, I should have no problem connecting at all.

http://gyazo.com/0d3ec2e031f0af7edf3c07fdcca426e1

Edit: Changed picture to more accurately show where I am trying to connect.

Yes, that would be me.  Almost 50mbps downloads at Westland Mall TD-LTE tower (not yet accepted) -- details in the premium section.  The target location likely has very strong signal, however TD-LTE can be very spotty and just a few feet can make a huge difference.  This testing was done with a G2.  During testing sometimes this signal is in Full-Public view, other times it is LTE-only view (which means a triband phone can not make or take calls or messages).  The Nexus 5 may not have this capability (at least not a month ago).  Hopefully in a few months it will be complete, fully available all the time, and any issues we find all resolved.

The other vendors Nexus 5 advantage is 32 instead of only 16gb of storage, less sim card. However, by the time triband is fully available here, there may be even better phones.

P.S.: I can not see LTE on Stringtown Road with my G2, only the newer LTE sites. I don't like Sensorly's lack of band separation either.  Ideally it would be blended with band separation options, plus more weighted towards recent data. I e-mailed them, but have never heard back.  Too busy expanding in Europe I guess.

• Like 2

I checked Westerville last night. Silly to do it in the dark but I had time there to kill. In 15 minutes all sites can be checked. 

Westerville South & Otterbein look like RRH's are there, need to see them in daylight to confirm, let's say I didn't see the traditional legacy antennas. Westerville North did not look like it had RRH's. Central College could be seen from Sunbury Rd but need daylight. However the site at 161/Sunbury does in fact have RRH's. Score a definite!

I checked Westerville last night. Silly to do it in the dark but I had time there to kill. In 15 minutes all sites can be checked. 

Westerville South & Otterbein look like RRH's are there, need to see them in daylight to confirm, let's say I didn't see the traditional legacy antennas. Westerville North did not look like it had RRH's. Central College could be seen from Sunbury Rd but need daylight. However the site at 161/Sunbury does in fact have RRH's. Score a definite!

Nice work, I'm assuming you will update the spreadsheet with your findings?

I do not have a update BUT Sprint has a small victory over Verizon. Today I was at Tanger Outlet with my friend who has Verizon and the whole time we were there she had problems with a slow data connection while I had LTE the whole time with speeds of 26 mbps. The highlight was when she wanted to use a coupon that was in her email and she had issues pulling it up and she emailed me the coupon so she could show the cashier cause I had great data services. Even coming back to Columbus she had issues with streaming music which I didn't take as much only cause of the constant switching of towers while I stayed with a consistent data connection on LTE or 3G. But all in all I just informed her about what Sprint is doing and she is really considering switching back to Sprint once NV is competed more in Ohio. Sprint is on its way to being a real competitor again.

image.png

• Like 3

Talked to Sprint on Friday and they said the official word is that the Columbus market will be 90% lit up by Feb 2014.

3G yes if they're still on schedule. LTE will only be 60%. Again, that's if they're still in schedule which I don't think they are.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Hmm. We were talking LTE not 3G.

Yeah...... SMH. Setting poor expectations. Shame on them.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

When I asked about the third band he said "that won't be here for 2-3 years at least."

Were you in a store or on the phone?

Store.

Alright, let me clear up some facts, that they should have known. Less than 25% of the market has LTE today. I don't see an additional 65% being done in 60 days, especially when over 50% of the market has zero accepted work.

In terms of Tri-band, we should start to see some if not a lot of Band 26 - LTE SMR800 by the end of 2014, but definitely no where near completion. Central Ohio already has confirmed Band 41 - LTE 2.5 at multiple sites around Columbus. All currently scheduled 2.5 work is scheduled to be done prior to end of 2013.

It's crazy they don't provide the news that's valid and great, but set themselves up for failure on information that is not valid.

It's an overall issue with Sprint. The mentality has to change under the new Softbank Sprint.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1

When I mentioned spark he said that was some amazing speeds but it would be quite a ways down the road before Columbus saw it.

Go back in the store and show him the confirmed 2.5 in Columbus and ask him what's his opinion then.

• Like 1