Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Oh I know what I was gonna post. On the way back from lunch, saw a truck at the Edgehill site. It's hard to get to it because Third Ave and Edgehill has been under a constant form of construction for a year. It kinda looked like it had base cabinets but at 500 feet I wasn't gonna stake my impeccable reputation on it. So I will visit the Burger King there more frequently and report back with any more positive activity.

:)

• Like 2

It kinda looked like it had base cabinets but at 500 feet I wasn't gonna stake my impeccable reputation on it. :)

:lol: Man, what a way of being humble.

• Like 2

The site at the 70/Hamilton off ramp has base cabinets, no antennas yet. Couldn't safely go do any snooping there either.

The site at Alum Creek Dr/Creekway Drive near Obetz has RRH, antennas and base cabinets. Couldn't really tell about fiber, a lot of greenery around that site.

2013-09-17%2019.24.12.jpg

2013-09-17%2019.24.23.jpg

The site on Sullivant/Green St by Mt Carmel Central. High capacity site.

2013-09-17%2017.08.28.jpg

2013-09-17%2017.08.35.jpg

Then the sh**ty AT&T fiber install. Absolutely stupid.

2013-09-17%2017.08.46.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry dude. I keep stumbling across people checking out towers. That's why I was half laughing.

I was kidding.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I was kidding.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I think I drove past Chowder last night on Basil Western Rd. The guy looked up when I went by, he had the look of "I'm busted". I actually was laughing because I keep seeing enthusiasts.

• Like 3

I think I drove past Chowder last night on Basil Western Rd. The guy looked up when I went by, he had the look of "I'm busted". I actually was laughing because I keep seeing enthusiasts.

I was there about 8 but I didn't see anyone. I was out of my car looking around. Must not have been me.

I was there about 8 but I didn't see anyone. I was out of my car looking around. Must not have been me.

Spent some time in Lancaster today. The site on US22 west of US33 has base cabinets and RRH's. The site on OH188 just west of US22 has RRH's, I couldn't see the cabinets, I had to shake a tail. The site in Sugar Grove was broadcasting 1x800. The site up near Sunshine Mountain on Stringtown Rd looked like it had cabinets and maybe RRH's, While up on the hill I picked up a site in Rockbridge, the one on Miller Road was broadcasting 1x800.

• Like 2

Spent some time in Lancaster today. The site on US22 west of US33 has base cabinets and RRH's. The site on OH188 just west of US22 has RRH's, I couldn't see the cabinets, I had to shake a tail. The site in Sugar Grove was broadcasting 1x800. The site up near Sunshine Mountain on Stringtown Rd looked like it had cabinets and maybe RRH's, While up on the hill I picked up a site in Rockbridge, the one on Miller Road was broadcasting 1x800.

I'm about 99.9% sure that if you see RRHs then the cabinets are already installed. Cabinets are usually on site first.

I'm about 99.9% sure that if you see RRHs then the cabinets are already installed. Cabinets are usually on site first.

I realize that. My brain was more stuck on whether there was RRH's installed at the site on the hill. I compared that picture to a Bing bird's eye view and there's definite changes. 

I'd make another trip down there but I can't take that hill with bad breaks again. Thoughts?

2013-09-19%2016.07.13.jpg

Lanc%20Mountain%20Old.JPG

I realize that. My brain was more stuck on whether there was RRH's installed at the site on the hill. I compared that picture to a Bing bird's eye view and there's definite changes. 

I'd make another trip down there but I can't take that hill with bad breaks again. Thoughts?

2013-09-19%2016.07.13.jpg

Lanc%20Mountain%20Old.JPG

Looks like the furthest right panel on each sector has RRHs.

Hey it's Friiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for those who remember who that was. Anyways, statistically there should be one acceptance in our market today. It would be nice to get a bunch of LTE accepts since we probably won't get much more 3G/800 accepts until more builds are done. Come on Sprint, throw us some bones!!!

• Like 2

Hey it's Friiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for those who remember who that was. Anyways, statistically there should be one acceptance in our market today. It would be nice to get a bunch of LTE accepts since we probably won't get much more 3G/800 accepts until more builds are done. Come on Sprint, throw us some bones!!!

We'll surely find out tomorrow. I'm starting to wonder if they deployed a large group to Colorado to get the network back up there.

My contest is coming to a close on Sunday. Anyone going to give james2oo4 and amcferrin90 a run for their (technically mine) money?

I was actually picking up an LTE signal at the buckeye game today, it was weak and I'm assuming it was coming from the Morse Rd tower, but still I thought it was impressive to pick it up especially in such a large crowd.

Serving cells are your friend.

• Like 1

Looks good! If it doesn't work two other things. Set the airave as more priority and/or put the 1150 first or make an ACQ record for your airave so you don't mess up the regular 4418 one.

Nice job on understanding the PRL stuff!

OK, new weekend, new problem. In my PRL work I basically made the 501 NID highest priority so my phone will prefer any airave that's in range. New problem, neighbor has an airave that my phone connects to sometimes because it's signal could sometimes be better than mine. His is also on channel 1150 which was not in the ACQ list 14 but I added. Now I can't send text messages. I can receive them. so I think, having two airaves in neighboring houses on the same channel is probably a bad thing, especially when his comes in 7 dB lower than mine. 

I want to make my preference to NID 501 explicitly for my airave which is BID 42365 and exclude my neighbor's airave which is BID 59229. How do I make that happen?

OK, new weekend, new problem. In my PRL work I basically made the 501 NID highest priority so my phone will prefer any airave that's in range. New problem, neighbor has an airave that my phone connects to sometimes because it's signal could sometimes be better than mine. His is also on channel 1150 which was not in the ACQ list 14 but I added. Now I can't send text messages. I can receive them. so I think, having two airaves in neighboring houses on the same channel is probably a bad thing, especially when his comes in 7 dB lower than mine.

I want to make my preference to NID 501 explicitly for my airave which is BID 42365 and exclude my neighbor's airave which is BID 59229. How do I make that happen?

You can't. A PRL isn't a list of towers. Only a list of SID/NIDs.

Only way short of building a Ferriday cage for you and your airave is to have your neighbor set their airave to only work with their numbers.

You can't. A PRL isn't a list of towers. Only a list of SID/NIDs.

Only way short of building a Ferriday cage for you and your airave is to have your neighbor set their airave to only work with their numbers.

You can do this? or it's a Sprint thing? I think it's be fine if they both weren't on channel 1150, which I had to add to the PRL which also surprises me.

I was actually picking up an LTE signal at the buckeye game today, it was weak and I'm assuming it was coming from the Morse Rd tower, but still I thought it was impressive to pick it up especially in such a large crowd.

I got it for a couple of seconds also at the game yesterday. Not long enough to check engineering screens. I wasn't able to send picks by text or upload pics to facebook wile at the shoe. What a whooping yesterday, we ended up leaving after half.

• Like 1

You can do this? or it's a Sprint thing? I think it's be fine if they both weren't on channel 1150, which I had to add to the PRL which also surprises me.

I haven't done it in a while but log into your account and can change the Airave preferences but it would have to be your neighbors preferences, then they would have to put their phones on the list.