Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I was wondering if anyone had any info on Mount Vernon, service has been horrible there for a while now.

Work is being done around there. We need eyes on the ground though to see what equipment is at the sites.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

Yeah work is always being done with no improvement whatsoever.  I'm going to be in Fredericktown on Friday so i will swing by that tower and the main Mount Vernon tower and see whats going on.

Thanks.

Folks if you have EVER considered becoming a Premier Sponsor this is NOW THE TIME. Check out the news from Robert (S4GRU):

BOMBSHELL!!!  One of our Clearwire sources just really came through.  An entire list of Clearwire sites nationwide, including all the sites slated for Phase 1.  I am creating the map now for Premier Sponsors!

Robert

True to his word he just released a map to us. I'm going to be making a detailed map and spreadsheet for Columbus, but it will be restricted to Premier Sponsors.

Hey, I'm giving away $50 in my contest!!! Time to win!

Twist my arm - I'm premier now.  Guys, it's totally worth the loot if you are close to reaching $100 donations.  Pretty cool map - you'll be excited once you see it. 

Also Robert is running a special this week too:

This is a great time to become a Premier Sponsor. If you are a regular Sponsor and considering an upgrade to Premier, you can receive a $25 discount if you upgrade to Premier by Sunday, September 22nd. So if you are only $50 away from reaching the Premier level, it would only cost you $25 now.

With this deal being in place. I'm ending my contest early!!! If you're leading in my contest as of 11AM EST on THIS SUNDAY you'll receive the $50 Donation!!!! That means you only have to donate a total of $25 to become a Premier Sponsor. That's a $75 Savings. $75 Peeps! Get out there and start hunting!!!

Your airave SID NID is higher? Make sure the 1x channel number your airave is parked on is in the ACQ record for your airave SID NID combo otherwise it will skip right over it and hit 800smr.

Oooook getting around to this. My airave is on SID 4418 NID 501. In the system records of your PRL 501, entry 509 references ACQ index 14. I look at ACQ index 14 and see the channels scanned. My airave is parked on channel 1150 which is not scanned in ACQ index 14 but a couple other indexes. I added 1150 to index 14. Because I want to prefer 800 over PCS when I'm out of range of my airave, I programmed my airave into system record 494, cloned the info from entry 509 and assigned it as new, then record 495 as same. In my head, my phone will prefer the airave, then 800, then PCS. Now that channel 1150 is in my ACQ index, it should connect to it easier than it has been.

Yes?

Screen shots.

airave%20info.GIF

CDMA%20Tool.GIF

Oooook getting around to this. My airave is on SID 4418 NID 501. In the system records of your PRL 501, entry 509 references ACQ index 14. I look at ACQ index 14 and see the channels scanned. My airave is parked on channel 1150 which is not scanned in ACQ index 14 but a couple other indexes. I added 1150 to index 14. Because I want to prefer 800 over PCS when I'm out of range of my airave, I programmed my airave into system record 494, cloned the info from entry 509 and assigned it as new, then record 495 as same. In my head, my phone will prefer the airave, then 800, then PCS. Now that channel 1150 is in my ACQ index, it should connect to it easier than it has been.

Yes?

Screen shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good! If it doesn't work two other things. Set the airave as more priority and/or put the 1150 first or make an ACQ record for your airave so you don't mess up the regular 4418 one.

Nice job on understanding the PRL stuff!

Is this a new 800,first time I've picked it up, and 161@hamilton rd

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Marcy Road is not very new. It came alive with the cluster in the Pickerington, Canal Winchester area. Its actually near the Ashbrook bridge off Lithopolis Road west of Lancaster. That's a haul. That one pops up every once in awhile in odd places like along 310 just north of Pataskala. If you get it again, click the map link and see what coordinates show up on the map. It could be a geocoding error. It could also be a error with sprint.

2 addicted to the forum to get up battleships sunk, smh...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

The forum, its a living breathing seductive animal. She draws you in to where you become so absorbed that no other entertainment matters.

Or when you get home and momma tells you, "Hey let's replace the patio gate today and fix the other double gate, get changed, we're going to home depot."  But I don't pass up a chance to go Home Depot to buy stuff...   it helps fill that gap when I'm not able to buy tech ;)

• Like 1

Marcy Road is not very new. It came alive with the cluster in the Pickerington, Canal Winchester area. Its actually near the Ashbrook bridge off Lithopolis Road west of Lancaster. That's a haul. That one pops up every once in awhile in odd places like along 310 just north of Pataskala. If you get it again, click the map link and see what coordinates show up on the map. It could be a geocoding error. It could also be a error with sprint.

Wait, it reaches from west of Lancaster to north of Pataskala? :blink:

• Like 1

Wait, it reaches from west of Lancaster to north of Pataskala? :blink:

1x800 is 100% proven to receive hits from over 40+ miles. Digi drove to the site himself.

EDIT: Changed "proven to work" to "proven to receive hits from"

Edited by COZisBack
  • Like 1

Yep. See?Posted Image

Look at you building ship!

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

You know, if their cells would work better, closer to the site than farther away, I think things could work so much better! 

I remember when a company I worked for used 800 SMR carrier, their transmitter was downtown Columbus and we could talk on the single site about 45-60 miles away. Granted that was with 45 watt mobiles, half that distance with 3 watt handhelds. Before the Nextel revolution.

• Like 2