Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I stopped for lunch in Dresden on my way east on 16 yesterday. I could not get an LTE signal no matter what I tried. However, on my way home last night, SCP started chiming when I approached the area. I was driving and wasn't able to do much but I can verify its existence at least and got a BSL. I launched speed test and it was around 5mbps when I lost the signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Even though you can't see it. I've given you credit for being the first to confirm LTE from this site.

Even though you can't see it. I've given you credit for being the first to confirm LTE from this site.

Thanks although I'd rather find something in Westerville :) but it looks like in addition to the interstates, SR 16/161 might get some upgrades soon. Certainly from CMH to new albany, and maybe Newark, maybe even to the zanesville exit. I say that because most of the upgrades seem to focus around highways. Also, I saw some vans at a site near 161 and Hamilton rd about a month ago, but nothing else going on there since then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Awe man here we go. Gonna have to hunt in your neck of the woods... I've covered most of the southeast, 23&270 to grandview to Neil, German village, merion village, across 104 to 33/70 east to 256 south to almost Lancaster back west to Rickenbacker.

Oh Livingston and alum creek is not dangerous. Livingston and lockbourne is. I hit those areas early in the morning when all the troublemakers are passed out.

• Like 3

imex99 is lucky that I don't live in New Albany anymore otherwise I would have been went to Newark and Heath. Probably even Dresden.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Now I wonder if something is going on today. Earlier I was connecting to the usual towers, but now I'm only getting the 800's out in Picktown and even the one down near Cedar Hill Rd. Strange that I wouldn't be getting a 1900 signal from a closer tower.

Now I wonder if something is going on today. Earlier I was connecting to the usual towers, but now I'm only getting the 800's out in Picktown and even the one down near Cedar Hill Rd. Strange that I wouldn't be getting a 1900 signal from a closer tower.

Unless you have an iphone then once you are on 800SMR your phone will not scan for PCS no matter the signal strength unless of course the 800SMR goes away.

Unless you have an iphone then once you are on 800SMR your phone will not scan for PCS no matter the signal strength unless of course the 800SMR goes away.

Strange, my regular tower came back as normal, just as I was checking the 1x engineering.

Strange, my regular tower came back as normal, just as I was checking the 1x engineering.

That was around noon, though, and of course, just as I check 1x engineering again after saying that, it goes back to the Refugee & Pickerington tower. Time for a trip...

Even on the upgraded and turned on towers the data still fluctuates. Once they get fiber turned on it will get better. Been at slate run park all day with 4 bars of 800. Obviously this cell is loaded down being in the country. Data is pretty nice here.

• Like 1

A question for you guys, have you noticed any sites with just 1 new NV cabniet ? Here in Toledo, they are using a different source for backup battery at some sites. The equipment is put in the NV cab by Ancona Controls.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Even on the upgraded and turned on towers the data still fluctuates. Once they get fiber turned on it will get better. Been at slate run park all day with 4 bars of 800. Obviously this cell is loaded down being in the country. Data is pretty nice here.

Picked up 800 on Lithopolis Rd on the way home from groveport. Even on my s2 wish I could prioritize it with all these dropped calls

post-8934-0-80802700-1378164064_thumb.jpg

post-8934-0-84097400-1378164077_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A question for you guys, have you noticed any sites with just 1 new NV cabniet ? Here in Toledo, they are using a different source for backup battery at some sites. The equipment is put in the NV cab by Ancona Controls.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

We've only been seeing 2 NV cabinets. Sometimes the backsides face each other instead of next to each other, but there has always been two.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Picked up 800 on Lithopolis Rd on the way home from groveport. Even on my s2 wish I could prioritize it with all these dropped calls

With 800 still being sparse you're going to run into the increase in drop calls.

With 800 still being sparse you're going to run into the increase in drop calls.

I know it seems like it roamed then went to 800 then once it found 1900 I was screwed and back to first base I was impressed with the range

The range is AMAZING just wait until it's on almost every site. It will be difficult to drop a call.

If you go grab all three of the 1xPNs from that tower you'll get 5 points in the contest.

They were at the (not sure if I should say) site again so I decided to go over and talk to the guys. The guy I talked to was real nice and said he's been doing this stuff for 20 years. Here are a few points he made:

"It's going to be a rough 6 Months around here."

They are turning sites on in clusters because you'll get hard drops if you go from Motorola to the new Samsung hardware.

Lancaster is scheduled to turn on 7 sites September 9 but the other guy said there was a possible problem in that cluster.

Pickerington is getting worked on hard now as most of you know.

Backhaul is taking a while but some small towns are better prepared than you'd think.

He said the way the old wimax works if one tower has fiber it can feed many other towers and he was getting 100 mb somewhere the other day but they turn them down before going live.

Some of this may be old news.

• Like 2

He said the way the old wimax works if one tower has fiber it can feed many other towers and he was getting 100 mb somewhere the other day but they turn them down before going live.

To clarify, the backhaul can run at 100Mbps+, but Sprint LTE 1900 cannot.  It is limited to 37.5Mbps download speed.  The airlink cannot support more than that.  A three sector site needs 100Mbps throughput in order to run three sectors running at their maximum speed.

Robert

• Like 2