Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

It is possible we can get a screen shot showing the 1x800 connection to Rohr so we can have it updated on our list, please?

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

The address won't pull up (been having this problem along with GPS problems lately), but the GPS coordinates are attached as well.

Forgot to resize them, rather large images, linked instead:

SignalCheck Pro screen:

http://i.imgur.com/Ge4L07N.png

Maps screen after hitting link:

http://i.imgur.com/nS5IhWI.png

Edited by Cainis

The address won't pull up (been having this problem along with GPS problems lately), but the GPS coordinates are attached as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't mean to make it hard on you, but without the BSL working for you, we would need a RSSI of -80dBM to verify.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Thanks ill drive by and try to get it on signal check pro. Ill pick up rohr rd on occasion but never with that. I downgraded from my note II to the s2 until October when note three releases (funds are tight) but it picks up 800smr. Any tricks I need to do t make it read it? Other than airplane mode

Ge4L07N.png

nS5IhWI.png

I don't mean to make it hard on you, but without the BSL working for you, we would need a RSSI of -80dBM to verify.

No worries, just rebooted my phone and the BSL loaded.

tg5Br7f.png

Posted Image

Appreciate it, I'm updating now and making sure you get credit for it.

I've got an 800 signal from the Rohr Rd tower right this minute off Diley Rd. I'd assume the rest of Canal can get this signal as well as it's between me and the tower as the crow flies.

RSSI: -96 dBm, Ec/Io: -9.0dB

SID: 22442, NID: 214, BID: 59793

Crews were on the tower on Basil-Western yesterday night (around 8pm) as well, so I'm assuming they're working on the antennas there. I usually have a hard time getting a 1XRTT signal from that tower where I live, so I'm hoping it gets 800 as well.

Now I'm jealous! I didn't get any 800 this morning going up 33 from Pickerington Rd into town, were you on the bridge over 33? I was going to go past Rohr and sites to the east of Rickenbacker yesterday towards Lancaster but had to work late and ran out of time. I too have been watching the monkeys on the Diley tower for the past couple days. They pulled the fiber up the pole last night. I thought these guys slammed through sites faster. Also worth noting the Brice Rd tower near the Rickenbacker outer marker is getting work done too. It has one of those concrete enclosures back in the middle of a corn field and I saw a crew backed up to it the other night.

• Like 1

Now I'm jealous! I didn't get any 800 this morning going up 33 from Pickerington Rd into town, were you on the bridge over 33? I was going to go past Rohr and sites to the east of Rickenbacker yesterday towards Lancaster but had to work late and ran out of time. I too have been watching the monkeys on the Diley tower for the past couple days. They pulled the fiber up the pole last night. I thought these guys slammed through sites faster. Also worth noting the Brice Rd tower near the Rickenbacker outer marker is getting work done too. It has one of those concrete enclosures back in the middle of a corn field and I saw a crew backed up to it the other night.

Interestingly enough, my wife's phone (also an Evo LTE) will not connect using 800 at all. It's sitting right next to mine. I guess it's 1900 mHz signal is good enough...

Interestingly enough, my wife's phone (also an Evo LTE) will not connect using 800 at all. It's sitting right next to mine. I guess it's 1900 mHz signal is good enough...

Maybe airplane mode?  From my understanding, it is similar to 4G.  If your phone is currently using the connection it won't switch.  Even background Gmail checking or other auto sync's may cause it.

If you have a moment, can you also provide the 1xPN you're getting from 3099 Rohr? It's on either the 1x Engineering RF screen or the 1x Engineering Protocol of your Debug screen.

If you have a moment, can you also provide the 1xPN you're getting from 3099 Rohr? It's on either the 1x Engineering RF screen or the 1x Engineering Protocol of your Debug screen.

It says 1xPN is 201, did you need a screen?

Maybe airplane mode? From my understanding, it is similar to 4G. If your phone is currently using the connection it won't switch. Even background Gmail checking or other auto sync's may cause it.

No, it takes much more to force a rescan of the GEO in the PRL. Not even a reboot will do this.

• Like 1

Just an FYI, I airplaned, I updated PRL, PROFILE, Soft reset, Reset data connection signal check pro. No luck. I know the GS2 is capable of 800mhz smr but why won't it pick it up on SCP? Is it because it's wimax?

Just an FYI, I airplaned, I updated PRL, PROFILE, Soft reset, Reset data connection signal check pro. No luck. I know the GS2 is capable of 800mhz smr but why won't it pick it up on SCP? Is it because it's wimax?

What is your current PRL you are using?

I am guessing the PRL has low priority 800 like its LTE cousin 51097.

Any chance of uploading here or on the "Every Sprint PRL" thread on XDA, as no one has uploaded that one yet? Thanks!

I don't think anyone wants those anymore. But if I remember right 21xxx PRLs have 800SMR as a lower priority level than PCS, just like the Iphone PRL.

I don't think anyone wants those anymore. But if I remember right 21xxx PRLs have 800SMR as a lower priority level than PCS, just like the Iphone PRL.

We've probably been over this somewhere, but is there a way to get a PRL on an iPhone that prioritizes 800SMR?

We've probably been over this somewhere, but is there a way to get a PRL on an iPhone that prioritizes 800SMR?

I only made one that actually prioritizes 800SMR over PCS and it was in the Premier Sponsor area.  I didn't repeat it when I made the one for the regular sponsor area since setting priority on 800SMR when on a Airave 2.5 causes huge issues as it makes your phone do 1x scan loop.

I only made one that actually prioritizes 800SMR over PCS and it was in the Premier Sponsor area.  I didn't repeat it when I made the one for the regular sponsor area since setting priority on 800SMR when on a Airave 2.5 causes huge issues as it makes your phone do 1x scan loop.

Gotcha, no worries.

The site west of Rickenbacker in lockbourne is live too. I couldn't get the SCP app to say I was on 800 but those sites are so close (lockbourne and rohr) and I could see a difference in the network info. The lockbourne site was receivable at SR 674 almost near the cedar hill rd site.

• Like 2

I only made one that actually prioritizes 800SMR over PCS and it was in the Premier Sponsor area. I didn't repeat it when I made the one for the regular sponsor area since setting priority on 800SMR when on a Airave 2.5 causes huge issues as it makes your phone do 1x scan loop.

And it is a pain in the crapper. Can't wait to get rid of mine.