Repair vs TEP

QWIKSTRIKE

I filed for a claim 8/03/2012, and it has been on back order ever since. I have a cracked glass that's usable, and can barely be seen. Every thing functions as it should, and I was thinking just get a repair, but went the insurance route. After waiting until Tuesday I called Samsung to see what the repair cost for a cracked glass was, and I found out that they charge $178.50 to repair and to next day air there and back included in that cost.

I called Asurion to cancel and go the Sammy route because I was tired of waiting, and the chance that I could get a used refurbed GS III also help me to come to this decision. They won't cancel, and even though I was never sent the phone they tell me that I can not cancel once I put in a claim. Now this is rediculous in my eyes, what do you guys think. I am going to cancel my TEP and not worry after this is over because I get a years warranty from Samsung, and never had to use insurance ever since being with Sprint, and for 11.00 monthly plus 150.00 deductible I think Sammy repairing is cheaper if you have a case "which I didn't at the time that I dropped it 2nd day BTW" and need a crack repair.

I am not worrying about theft, and on my second line want a Nexus when it comes out at years end possibly, and my luck with holding onto and maintaining a phone is stellar so far minus this incident.

You can get a cracked glass repaired for 28.00 more and no TEP cost if you go the route that I am going now because of this. Just a little food for thought is all I am providing with this story!