Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I just added some Sensorly data on Coral Way and SW 72nd Ave. heading to Bird Road. I was getting off 826 and Coral Way and imagine my surprise when I saw my phone was on 4g. It's never connected there before on its own even though I knew of its existence. It actually stayed on it for a while too.

Edited by Jaggrey

Looks like south Florida is getting tons of LTE. Today drive home from work to Kendall LTE all the way. In areas of Kendall I get LTE throughout. I noticed by my job in Hialeah I pick up LTE but its very slow.....almost staggering with 2-3 bars. post-5951-13552834456686_thumb.jpg

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

@SJperformance:

Very glad to know you are noticing increased LTE footprint. Certainly a welcome change from the previous 2 to 3 weeks of almost non-existent activity in terms of sensorly and towers added to weekly update in the Miami area.

Tomorrow I got my topology final, the last one, and so I will be able to stop being a hermit studying non-stop and see the increased LTE footprint, specially in Hialeah which I frequent very much as I have family there.

Also, I'm glad (in a wicked sort of way) that you are encountering extremely slow speeds (as in worse than 3G!) while connected to 4G and with a good signal (3 bars in your case). Up to now I have been the only one reporting such occurrences.

Also I drove by one tower in boca an it was by a school an I noticed 4 or 5 pannels missing so this is the second tower that I noticed missing pannels. Is it common for them to take pannels down an replace them at a later date? Also u went to pompano an picked up some more 4g an noticed that the tower I was next to had 2 rru's per pannel. Is that standard or is that advanced lte

Noticed LTE is coming farther west now in north Broward, I mapped Sample Rd off 95 west to just past the turnpike. I've also noticed a couple of new towers going up near me, 1st one is on Lyons Rd just north on Sample in Coconut Creek. 2nd is off Rock Island Rd just north of Copans at firefighers park in Margate, Sprint towers maybe??

Screenshot_2012-12-12-01-45-06.png

20121211_171016.jpg

20121211_171117.jpg

Also I drove by one tower in boca an it was by a school an I noticed 4 or 5 pannels missing so this is the second tower that I noticed missing pannels. Is it common for them to take pannels down an replace them at a later date? Also u went to pompano an picked up some more 4g an noticed that the tower I was next to had 2 rru's per pannel. Is that standard or is that advanced lte

It is not common at Sprint Network Vision sites to remove all panels and then just leave it bare are awhile. Typically they move the legacy panels out to each end of the sector and place the new NV panel in the middle. Legacy panels stay in place for up to 6 months after conversion and then are removed. In some rare instances they have to do a hot swap. When that happens, they have to take the site off line and remove the legacy panels and replace with the new NV panel all at once. They do this as fast as possible to reduce the down time of the site. Usually just 2-3 days. If those panels are down more than a day or two, you can rule out a hot swap scenario.

As for RRU's. Most Sprint NV panels have 2-3 RRU's, depending on load. Some early 4G only sites have one, especially in rural areas. And a few very urban and high capacity areas have four. But AT&T also uses RRU's on their upgraded sites. They usually have one or two.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

@SJperformance:

Very glad to know you are noticing increased LTE footprint. Certainly a welcome change from the previous 2 to 3 weeks of almost non-existent activity in terms of sensorly and towers added to weekly update in the Miami area.

Tomorrow I got my topology final, the last one, and so I will be able to stop being a hermit studying non-stop and see the increased LTE footprint, specially in Hialeah which I frequent very much as I have family there.

Also, I'm glad (in a wicked sort of way) that you are encountering extremely slow speeds (as in worse than 3G!) while connected to 4G and with a good signal (3 bars in your case). Up to now I have been the only one reporting such occurrences.

I've noticed in most area I'm getting LTE speeds are great but as soon as I use the browser/facebook/instagram things just take too long to work. Once I turn off LTE and fallback on 3G things work normal. I'm not complaining yet as I know we are in pre launch stage. My contracts with Sprint are over in June 2013 so I have till June to decided and see how well Sprints LTE will work. I'm considering switching to Verizon. This all depends on how well sprints LTE will be by then and I don't want to give up my unlimited data. Overall I'm glad that in most areas I'm in at work and home I get some LTE. I can imagine things will get even better once deployed. Again I'm not ranting yet LoL

The cell site off of 117 ave, and 168 st next to Handy Storage was upgraded about week ago. All of the new NV panels are up, new cabints are installed at the base but still not broadcasting. Looks like OEM is waiting for Sprint to give the green light.

• Like 1

The cell site off of 117 ave, and 168 st next to Handy Storage was upgraded about week ago. All of the new NV panels are up, new cabints are installed at the base but still not broadcasting. Looks like OEM is waiting for Sprint to give the green light.

Once on this entire part of town will have really good LTE coverage. The site on SW 128th next to turnpike is indeed on and when this one goes live I can imagine things will get much much better here

It is not common at Sprint Network Vision sites to remove all panels and then just leave it bare are awhile. Typically they move the legacy panels out to each end of the sector and place the new NV panel in the middle. Legacy panels stay in place for up to 6 months after conversion and then are removed. In some rare instances they have to do a hot swap. When that happens, they have to take the site off line and remove the legacy panels and replace with the new NV panel all at once. They do this as fast as possible to reduce the down time of the site. Usually just 2-3 days. If those panels are down more than a day or two, you can rule out a hot swap scenario.

As for RRU's. Most Sprint NV panels have 2-3 RRU's, depending on load. Some early 4G only sites have one, especially in rural areas. And a few very urban and high capacity areas have four. But AT&T also uses RRU's on their upgraded sites. They usually have one or two.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thanks robert. Well at one site the pannels have been missing for I think close to two weeks now. So I doubt thats sprint pulled them off