I'll be testing/tethering in Fort Worth 7/18...

iansltx

Just added the $20 Mobile Hotspot (2GB) plan to my account, since I'd like to test out LTE on something other than my phone (without rooting it) when I'm in Fort Worth Wed-Sun, and the San Antonio area Sun-Tue. It'll be hard to hold myself to just 2GB, but that should be enough data to thoroughly test how fast Sprint LTE is once it's live in those regions.

I'll probably cancel the addon once I get back to Colorado though, since I do have other ways of getting connectivity on the go (T-Mobile HSPA+ data stick and Verizon LTE iPad). But the tethering plan should be fun while it lasts (and a heck of a better deal versus Verizon's 1GB, $20 plan).

EDIT: According to the Sites Complete map, I'll be ~1.22 miles from one completed site, and ~2.07 from another, when I've arrived at my destination in Fort Worth.

• Like 1

I'll probably cancel the addon once I get back to Colorado though, since I do have other ways of getting connectivity on the go (T-Mobile HSPA+ data stick and Verizon LTE iPad). But the tethering plan should be fun while it lasts (and a heck of a better deal versus Verizon's 1GB, $20 plan).

Is this $20/month add-on service prorated per day, like the previous service priced at $30/month was?

If you remove it before the end of the bill cycle it will pro rate.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Good to know. My billing cycle goes from the 8th to the 7th of each month, so I'll end up well within the refund period (will probably kill the addon sometime on the 25th). I'm curious though what wuld happen if I used, say, 1.5GB or so during that less-than-half-a-month that I have tethering...I suppose the system prorates by days rather than by megabytes but I'll find out soon enough.

If it does prorate per-day, I may re-add the mobile hotspot feature again in mid-August, just in case Time Warner Cable doesn't arrive as scheduled to install 'net in my new place...though I do have a T-Mobile data stick with 5GB per month that I could also use :P