Additional 100.00 off NEW Lines of Service through July 14

OhioCalling

I have not seen this posted anywhere so thought I would add it. Anyone starting a NEW line of service with Sprint can receive a $100.00 American Express Gift Card for opening the line. I found this when I logged into my account on July 6 after activating 2 new lines on July 5. The promotion is in effect till July 14. Of course you pay full new line price at the time of ordering and wait to receive your Gift Card in the mail, but still a 100.00 savings.

I did a chat with Sprint and asked about it being retroactive for my 2 new lines. The rep stated that she could not do that. She told me to cancel the 2 new lines and then reorder them to get the discount. Yes this would be possible as I still had 13 days left of the 14 day trial program.

I called Employee Care and advised them I needed to cancel the 2 new lines on my EPRP account. I did explain them what I was planning on doing to get the additional 100.00 per line. I also stated that this was not a good idea for them as they would get back 2 perfectly good phones used for 2 days that they would have to use as refurbished and loose 2 additional new units to replace them. The rep asked if he could call me back as he wanted to check into this for me. The rep did call me back in about a half hour and agreed to credit my account 200.00 instead of me returning the phones.

After being disappointed in loosing my SP Gold status and annual upgrades, I am again happy with Sprint Customer Service and my new EVO LTE. :tu:

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Cool find! Been there since 2018 according to Cellmapper. The only other time I've seen them leave up a temp site like this for a long period of time was when a nearby site is temporarily inoperable like the one in Red Hook Houses. That doesn't seem to be the case here and it's pretty much a GMO site at this point. My best guess is that T-Mobile wanted to put a site there to fill in coverage but because it's on LGA's grounds getting the actual permission to do so is extremely complex so they worked out a deal with the Port Authority to put up a COW in the meantime.  
    • Would this be a T-Mobile COW outside LGA Terminal A? eNB 49106 seems to line up to its position, plus the arm for the trailer to hook onto a truck says T-Mobile. Here is the NYC streetcar view the image was pulled from.     For all the years I have been monitoring the DAS, I have never gotten -55 or better, even after passing by every antenna in a station that is deep enough to have 0 outside macros reaching in. The SNR is still 20+, so its probably designed that way on purpose.
    • From a few days back: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/deutsche-telekom-aims-50-t-mobile-ownership-2024 DT Chief Executive Timotheus Hoettgas said buying the majority stake in T-Mobile US was the group's most important strategic project at present, according to Reuters. He said that stake should top 50% much sooner than its previous projection of 2024. Earlier this year, DT paid $2.4 billion to SoftBank Group to increase its stake in T-Mobile US to 48.4%.
    • 5.9GHz finally approved by a court: https://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/court-upholds-fccs-decision-59-ghz.  This should be added to 5GHz wi-fi.  considering wi-fi 7 will be included in the qualcomm x70 and related SOCs, doubtful they will be able to add this now, unless designed to be added later.  5.9GHz will given us a third 160MHz unique carrier iirc, a major improvement.
    • waiting for about 400 with demand > supply, or 95% to look again in some detail.  Until then : https://www.sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction108.php#county_details_table_overlay