Would you consider leasing a phone instead of buying?

legion125

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 5 February 2012

With Verizon charging $299 for some of its high end phones, precedent has be set to allow increases in high-end phones. With that said, perhaps its time to consider leasing. You could get a good phone without subsidizing a phone for two years and keep up with the latest & greatest. For the phone wh***es"s out there, this could be a cheaper and elegant soloution. What do you think?

I'm intrigued with the idea. However, given that I like to be able to dork with and customize my phone, its probably not a good solution for me.

Something like this is a better fit for iPhone and WP than Android products.

BTW, this is my first post on the new site. And I'm doing it from the mobile website!

Rooting certainly eliminates the need to get better phones as long as the phone can support all the new ROM flavors out there. Every once in a while you see a phone you must have, and this would be an inexpensive way to get it. I may consider it if Sprint ever offers it and if the T&C is reasonable.