Does Sprint have enough Spectrum to compete in the Future?

Would clear's spectrum be helpful for those high-density events like sports, st paddys day, music festivals etc. where cell service stops working because of all the people?

Very much so. Clearwire's ample high frequency spectrum is just about ideal for those high density, low mobility type events.

AJ

Would clear's spectrum be helpful for those high-density events like sports, st paddys day, music festivals etc. where cell service stops working because of all the people?

Absolutely, Clear has plenty of capacity for large events and other festivities.

Just thought I'd point out that within the last week sprint is no longer a majority owner of clearwire. Althought now thier voting rights and total shares match up. Coming up next week is a clearwire inverstor meeting, so we will see a better picture of clearwire then. Despite what a lot of analyst are saying I don't really see spring backing away completely from clearwire, they just have to fund and focus on network vision currently. By the time clearwire rolls out it's td-lte network next year we'll see sprint getting closer with them again.

http://stopthecap.com/2012/06/12/sprint-allows-its-majority-stake-in-clearwire-to-slip-below-50-percent/

Will cell size be the same as there 1900 evdo, cause I know Verizon's LTE cell size Suck's compared to their evdo and it's spose to be the best, 700mhz. It;s useless out past 2mile's.

Will cell size be the same as there 1900 evdo, cause I know Verizon's LTE cell size Suck's compared to their evdo and it's spose to be the best, 700mhz. It;s useless out past 2mile's.

In urban areas the frequency is not as relevant as the sites are usually already close together. There the advantage with lower frequency is building penetration, The site radius then is controlled by tilting the antenna. Irregardless past 2 miles you should not expect great coverage, especially in areas with lots of clutter such as trees, building, hills, ect.

I'm pulling Sprint 3g from 4.8 mile's and on good day's can get 1.3mb down and 500kbps up.

Not intending to say its not possible but should not be expected your surroundings play a huge role in signal quality and the further out you get the more that is in the way.

I can get 1900MHz at 10 miles in New Mexico. EVDO can still pull down 1Mbps on a -100dBm signal at that distance, only losing 400kbps.

It all comes down to antenna height and downtilt. Its hard to be general about signal. Its so variable dependent on how its deployed.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner