Anyone know anything about international texting?

Contreramanjaro

My friend is going to Japan for the summer. He has a deal through ATT which will let him receive unlimited texts and send about 200. I have just the standard 1500 Everything plan. Does anyone know if me sending or receiving texts with him will cost me internationally since his number is still American and he just happens to be in Japan. Thanks for any help guys.

My friend is going to Japan for the summer. He has a deal through ATT which will let him receive unlimited texts and send about 200. I have just the standard 1500 Everything plan. Does anyone know if me sending or receiving texts with him will cost me internationally since his number is still American and he just happens to be in Japan. Thanks for any help guys.

Shouldn't cost you anything. I have texted to American phone numbers to people travelling abroad and have never received a fee for it. However, the recipients get gouged and raped accordingly to their plans.

Besides, how on earth could a carrier charge you an international rate for texting someone who is out of the country? In most instances when I text someone, I would have no idea where they are.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Shouldn't cost you anything. I have texted to American phone numbers to people travelling abroad and have never received a fee for it. However, the recipients get gouged and raped accordingly to their plans.

Besides, how on earth could a carrier charge you an international rate for texting someone who is out of the country? In most instances when I text someone, I would have no idea where they are.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Thanks Robert. I was thinking it was this way but just wanted to be sure. And of course he's getting gouged and raped for it, he has ATT, they seem to try to punish anyone that still has the "iPhone plan."

• Like 1

Thanks Robert. I was thinking it was this way but just wanted to be sure. And of course he's getting gouged and raped for it, he has ATT, they seem to try to punish anyone that still has the "iPhone plan."

I've been to Europe for work with my non-international Sprint phone so couldn't use texting or the phone. But with the availability of Wi-Fi, sending/receiving e-mails worked well and I could just check those from my phone whenever I was connected (which was most of the time anyway). And is free in most places.