NV in New Jersey???

iGEtReAdY2FLy

Im starting to notice better 3G speeds in a couple of place i go through out Jersey, mostly northern jersey. When i do speed test it will get a high as 1.8mbps down and 1mbps up but then without warning ill start to see terrible speeds. Hopefully this mean theyre doing some NV work in Northern Jersey, is there anybody that is seeing sprint do work around there area?

Also do the Mods know the NV status of North Jersey?

This is not Network Vision related. Its related to network maintenance upgrades. The ones tracked at network.sprint.com.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

This is not Network Vision related. Its related to network maintenance upgrades. The ones tracked at network.sprint.com.

Robert - can you advise why the band aid fixes (the one this user is discussing here) seem to have this same issue? The issue I speak of is ranging from fantastic speeds (approaching 2mbps) and then, just as suddenly, jumping back to horrific speeds. I have the same problem here in Georgia and it seems to be common to the "band-aided" towers. Is there anything inherent in how this process works that might lead to the wildly varying speeds associated with these towers? Thanks in advance!

Robert - can you advise why the band aid fixes (the one this user is discussing here) seem to have this same issue? The issue I speak of is ranging from fantastic speeds (approaching 2mbps) and then' date=' just as suddenly, jumping back to horrific speeds. I have the same problem here in Georgia and it seems to be common to the "band-aided" towers. Is there anything inherent in how this process works that might lead to the wildly varying speeds associated with these towers? Thanks in advance![/quote']

Most of the time when it says they are adding a speed upgrade, they are adding 1 (and in a few instances 2) T1 lines. A T1 line does not add much capacity. So in the beginning, it's good enough to relieve the burden initially from the amount of traffic the site currently carries, and speed improves.

But once users start to realize the site is running faster, they start using it more and quickly overwhelm the additional bandwidth added. There is no substitute to new high capacity NV backhaul. Additional T1's are not a permanent solution.

• Like 1