Remember Helio?

xcharles718

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helio_(wireless_carrier)

I believe the biggest reason they faded is because they failed to offer a competitive handset line-up after launch(the Helio Ocean was very advanced in it's time, but not much came after that). That, along with funding issues from Earthlink.

Do you think that if a company like Helio, which imported it's handset line-up from South Korea would survive now?

If I also remember correctly, Helio did the Everything Plan(Unlimited Talk/Text/Web) before Sprint by about a year.

I wish Sprint still supported it! My Ocean is just sitting in a drawer doing nothing.

Sent via Forum Runner on my jailbroken iOS 5.1 iPhone 4 

You can always try selling it and use the money for a better phone. I found it selling for $55 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Helio-Pantech-Ocean/dp/B0010Z1A9Y

You can always try selling it and use the money for a better phone. I found it selling for 55 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Helio-Pantech-Ocean/dp/B0010Z1A9Y

Awesome! It was such a cool phone in its day, (and still is to me!) I'm def going to try to sell it now that I know I can get that much for it.

Sent via Forum Runner on my redsn0w iOS 5.1 iPhone 4 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Continuing the USCC discussion, if T-Mobile does a full equipment swap at all of USCC's sites, which they probably will for vendor consistency, and if they include 2.5 on all of those sites, which they probably will as they definitely have economies of scale on the base stations, that'll represent a massive capacity increase in those areas over what USCC had, and maybe a coverage increase since n71 will get deployed everywhere and B71 will get deployed any time T-Mobile has at least 25x25, and maybe where they have 20x20. Assuming this deal goes through (I'm betting it does), I figure I'll see contiguous coverage in the area of southern IL where I was attempting to roam on USCC the last time I was there, though it might be late next year before that switchover happens.
    • Forgot to post this, but a few weeks ago I got to visit these small cells myself! They're spread around Grant park and the surrounding areas, but unfortunately none of the mmwave cells made it outside of the parks along the lake into the rest of downtown. I did spot some n41 small cells around downtown, but they seemed to be older deployments limited to 100mhz and performed poorly.    
    • What is the cheapest way to try Dish's wireless network?  Over the past year I've seen them add their equipment to just about every cell site here, I'm assuming just go through Boost's website?  What phones are Dish native?  
    • Came back in operation between 7 to 9am.  Roaming on T-Mobile and AT&T never went out so most people would not have noticed.
    • Dish network down since 3:31am Signalcheck Pro reports the Dish Network, at least the site at Scioto-Darby Rd Near I-270  in Columbus Ohio, was last operational at 3:31am. I normally pickup signal from two other Dish sites as well.  Reported via downdetector.com as Boost Infinite but one is such a lonely number. Tried to manually reconnect to Dish, but network is not appearing. Hopefully scheduled maintenance.