Dish's spectrum valued much lower than AWS-3 prices

bigsnake49

Could you clarify your question for me please? I'd like to answer it, but I need more information of what you are asking exactly.

I think he means...why don't you want Sprint to have the spectrum? Why do you want T-Mobile to have it?

I think he means...why don't you want Sprint to have the spectrum? Why do you want T-Mobile to have it?

Well, to answer that is quite easy. I'm certainly not saying I don't want Sprint to have that spectrum, although I really don't think Sprint would want that spectrum, as from my understanding would mean a technical upgrade challenge to add on AWS-3, especially since Sprint spectrum-wise is focused mainly on building their network to be suitable for the spectrum they already have, particularly their band 41 spectrum. Plus, Sprint already is in a good spectrum position in terms of what is realistically likely to be in the spectrum situation among carriers. This said, asides from my opinions I've been writing a lot here on S4GRU regarding the FCC and what I think ought to be done giving carriers a lot more spectrum than what they have, etc.

T-Mobile needs the spectrum much more than any other carrier. I acknowledge that, which merging with Dish would be great for that spectrum, and T-Mobile could try to get the AWS-3 spectrum Dish lost from the whole issue they had in that auction. Ideally though, here is what I'd rather see happen. I would like for Dish to sell off their AWS-3 spectrum to T-Mobile, along with T-Mobile getting the spectrum dish had lost. I've heard Dish has other spectrum than just the AWS-3 spectrum, though I'm not aware of exactly what spectrum that is at the moment, and whether or not it would be good for T-Mobile or possibly workable on Sprint. Anyways, whichever that spectrum is more suitable for go to, then I'd like to see Sprint have Dish as a way to add a valuable service to their company they could then sell bundles to their customers with.

I've given this a lot of thought and ultimately that is the best opinion I believe to have, which includes having T-Mobile go to AT&T and then see the remaining regional/local CDMA carriers go to Sprint.