Archiving a Post

4GHoward

Can you consider archiving in the future? Maybe once Nextel and LightSquared is completely dead!

I don't understand. Are you asking for me to remove them from the site so you don't have to see those posts anymore? If so, the answer is no. We will leave posts indefinitely. They will always remain relevant in their historical context. They will just move farther and farther down the list.

Our site is indexed by search engines, and even these old posts draw people to the site. Posts stay indefinitely.

Robert

I appreciate the suggestion. However, when we close a thread, no one can post on it anymore and it can't get moved back to the top. It accomplishes the same thing. Eventually, all LightSquared and Nextel threads will get closed.

Robert

Most topics that I see are pretty much current. Eventually as the site gets bigger and more posts are responded to, someone may be searching for a topic and reply to it thus bringing it back to the top and reviving it, even though the topic has long been answered or exhausted. Such topics I can see being candidates for locking/closing. This may be a good topic to discuss in the next sponsor meet. But like I said most topics are current from what I can see.

TS

• Like 2