Dear Ericsson... A birthday wish

Dear Ericsson if you are reading this please turn on LTE and/or 800SMR (1X) by the first week of September it can be any cell tower in Mt. Pleasant, Tx.

It will be a nice birthday present.

• Like 1

Greetings, I am son of Eric the Red.  I do not grant birthday wishes.  I am too busy sailing the North Atlantic and managing the Sprint network.

Signed...

Leif Ericsson

• Like 5

Dear Ericsson if you are reading this please turn on LTE and/or 800SMR (1X) by the first week of September it can be any cell tower in Mt. Pleasant, Tx.

It will be a nice birthday present.

I would be happy with any 800smr in tyler, or east texas. Any hope would be nice for it

• Like 1

You mean the ONE tower in Mt. Pleasant, Tx!  LOL

Hay there's more than ONE, there is 3 of them and one hasFiber, it was installed on 6/20/2013.

And the EvDO has not been working since they changed the NID from 5 to 311 on it (the one on FM 1735).

Well by Sprints definition of a city its just a wide spot in the road and people usually don't live in that area just work there.  Sprints past ideas of coverage is just crazy.  I hope they expand and fill in some of these gaps.

/b

• Like 1

Well by Sprints definition of a city its just a wide spot in the road and people usually don't live in that area just work there.  Sprints past ideas of coverage is just crazy.  I hope they expand and fill in some of these gaps.

/b

Brian, sorry to be the bearer of reality, but Sprint could have no native service at all in little, rural McAlester, and that would not matter to Sprint as a whole.  So, be happy for what you have.  Yes, SMR 800 MHz will expand coverage.  But if that does not work for you, then do not complain.  It will get you nowhere.  Just find an operator that does work for you.

AJ

Brian, sorry to be the bearer of reality, but Sprint could have no native service at all in little, rural McAlester, and that would not matter to Sprint as a whole.  So, be happy for what you have.  Yes, SMR 800 MHz will expand coverage.  But if that does not work for you, then do not complain.  It will get you nowhere.  Just find an operator that does work for you.

AJ

I understand that, but if they plan on matching the Verizon foot print by 2016 they'll need to expand or buy USCC.  Oklahoma has lost a large part of native coverage in the past two years.

I understand that, but if they plan on matching the Verizon foot print by 2016 they'll need to expand or buy USCC.  Oklahoma has lost a large part of native coverage in the past two years.

Sprint will not match the VZW footprint.  That is a pipe dream.  VZW bought that footprint.  Sprint would have have to build most of it.  Not gonna happen.

AJ

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/softbank-set-to-invest-16-billion-at-sprint-20130707-00017

I know its talk, but they can buy some people out now and expand the coverage.  We'll see how this plays out over the next two years.

This statement...

If the network isn't good, customers are going to complain, Mr. Son said, adding that Sprint will seek to pull even with Verizon in high-speed coverage in about two years.

...is widely misinterpreted.  Even with SoftBank money, Sprint has no chance of pulling even with VZW coverage breadth in five years, let alone two years.  The sensible translation of that statement is that Sprint will *try* to match VZW coverage and speeds in major markets within two years.

AJ