data usage on Sprint bill

mrknowitall526

No I mean LTE. My phone did not use that much 3G and I had LTE off yet somehow I used 600kbps in one day. quote name="scubajwd" post="184883" timestamp="1376166330"]

Your phone downloaded data via 3G most likely...600 K (if that's what you meant) is less than one (1)

MB of data so it could be an app update or two on your smartphone..

I don't have LTE at my house its at the edge of LTE and of course having the evo LTE and its terrible LTE reception its not gonna pick it up unless its a usable signal. I have cox internet at my house 37 down and 15 up. The problem is to cut costs at my home we don't have cable only internet and apparently there is a 300gb limit that we go over every month and they are threatening to cut us off if it continues. There are 3 of us that live there and my son. I can't control what goes on after I leave for work at the house so LTE would be nice to have since I don't use much data at the house and that would be one less person taking up bandwidth on cox

The most crazy part of this story is that you can't get cable or dsl, but, you have LTE. I have had cable Internet since 1998, and can't get LTE. Go figure right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How do you go over 300gb?!?

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

I can easily see that with lots of HD streaming in the home. Family of 4 here and we have gone over our 250 gig soft cap a few times.

I saw someone posting in one forum where they used 1.8+ terabytes in one month. Not sure what they are downloading but with some speed packages you could burn through your monthly cap in less than a day if you tried.

• Like 2

The most crazy part of this story is that you can't get cable or dsl, but, you have LTE. I have had cable Internet since 1998, and can't get LTE. Go figure right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, no LTE yet, but I know what you mean!  The site near me just got upgraded backhaul and "new" 3G service yesterday!

The cable stops 1/2 mile down the road from us.  They wanted like $21k to put up poles and underground wires to our house.  Our Verizon landline is ~22,000 feet from the CO.  We're supposed to get Verizon DSL by October 2014 under PA state law - I wrote about that in another thread if you're curious about that.

Almost 17 GB in one month no overages but you did have two different devices..yup

interesting

Only the 3rd line was on a different device.  The first 2 were on the same one (got switched back and forth when the new device didn't work).

Still good info.. I may risk an overage this month just to prove that the tiers

are not cumulative as two Sprint CS reps told me..the overwhelming opinion here

in S4GRU is that you get a new fresh data bucket every time you change tier

Yes.

Is it by usage or by the days?  If it were by days, you could circumvent the system (which is not approved of on here) and increase total usage for one price.  But that is wrong and unethical.