Sprint contract Q??

fever02

I know this is a little off topic but I thought with the knowledge of Sprint’s operation around here I can find out a definitely answer (I hope). I have two lines (A + B and I upgraded 1 line (A) to the S3 back in November, my second line ( B is off contract but that’s the line I use with the S3 (A. has no usage/phone broke). The phone number/line I upgraded the S3 with is still under contract (A). I want to switch the phone numbers around and put B under the contract and A on the non contract. Does anyone know if that’s possible and if so what’s it called because customer service is saying they can’t do it? My other option is to sell my S3 to buy out the contract and go back to my 3d so is there any options anyone knows about? BTW… the (A) line is on seasonal hold where I’m only paying 9$ a month for now.

Edited by fever02

I know this is a little off topic but I thought with the knowledge of Sprint’s operation around here I can find out a definitely answer (I hope). I have two lines (A + B and I upgraded 1 line (A) to the S3 back in November, my second line ( B is off contract but that’s the line I use with the S3 (A. has no usage/phone broke). The phone number/line I upgraded the S3 with is still under contract (A). I want to switch the phone numbers around and put B under the contract and A on the non contract. Does anyone know if that’s possible and if so what’s it called because customer service is saying they can’t do it? My other option is to sell my S3 to buy out the contract and go back to my 3d so is there any options anyone knows about? BTW… the (A) line is on seasonal hold where I’m only paying 9$ a month for now.

If I understand correctly, if you move the S3 back to Line A, it would be on the phone number you wanted. Correct? Then you could remove seasonal standby on Line A and put Line B on Seasonal Standby. Then when you're ready to use the upgrade on Line B, you can take it off Seasonal Standby. As long as you are off contract when you put the line on Seasonal Standby, you will have no problem with upgrades when you take it off.

You can put any phone on any line at any time. The phones are not on contract, the line is. No matter which line you put the S3 (or even on no line), the line you extended the contract on when you purchased it is where the contract resides.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Seasonal standby is weird, as you can only do it for 6 months, and it pushes your contract end date forward. What you're describing sounds like a simple flip-flop. Any Sprint store should be able to handle it; we do it all the time.